AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Butchered an old CYMA for mine and had to do a lot of repairs rebuilding the sight ears and a huge crack along the barrel (was probably dropped by previous owner). The only other source I can find now is an LCT which are around $60 at Redwolf I think but is steel and comes with the flash hider. There's also one for their AIM at WGC. Same profile and cheaper, but it's bored through so you need to have your outer barrel threaded like on the PMC.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to build similar stuff, particularly just 2 inches from gas block to flash hider,

but the front sight with screw clamp is out of stock anywhere within reach, pity.

apart from that the base gun would be AKM (for the slick side solid stock receiver)

probably zhukov or something else with shortest LOP possible, with MOE handguard and grip

topped off with an ultimak gastube

apart from that the base gun would be AKM (for the slick side solid stock receiver)

probably zhukov or something else with shortest LOP possible, with MOE handguard and grip

topped off with an ultimak gastube

Sounds like you're almost describing Bunny's latest AK. 

18813382-10155165462077534-3154987807191

Edited by blobface
  • Like 3

Sounds like you're almost describing Bunny's latest AK. 

Somewhat close, apart from slick receiver, I think I would keep the top cover slick, too.

Then mix that up with barrel and gas system below:

2014-06-10_03.03.02_1024x1024.jpg?v=1415

Replica of RD style front sight seems impossible to find recently, got an LCT PK-282 as substitute for the moment, also an LCT railed gastube I got years ago that I assume it will fit a GHK...... Aaaaaaaand the barrel, I think I will just cut it short a bit like 2 inches between front sight and flash hider.

Somewhat close, apart from slick receiver, I think I would keep the top cover slick, too.

Oh, that's the build I had before I put all the Kreb custom and TWS stuff on. 

DSC04950.jpg

Still haven't done the engraving for the little pink dragonfly Haley Strategic logo, what I found with this is that the RDS is just too far forward for my liking, hence the TWS rail. 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 2

It's based on Haley Strategic's Rifle Dynamic AK...lol You can tell he either wears one glove or awkwardly avoids the gas tube with his thumb to not get burned. 

Yeah, I don't spend as much time with a rifle as Travis does. (probably no one does).  I'm pretty sure without thousands of hours of muscle memory into it you'd be losing a lot of skin!

^ I'm sure he learned it the hard way.... lol

Accessory update to my old GHK based AMD-65... Got a sight rail and a little Russian VOMZ reflex sight on it. 

20170605-190100.jpg

I've been eyeing up the VOMZ, how are they?

Tiny amount of distortion / magnification, noticeable tint, and the refresh rate of the reticle is somewhat low, so when you move around really quickly, you perceive a trail of the reticles. Can't say more than that as I haven't gamed with it yet, but I suspect it will be perfectly adequate.  

Tiny amount of distortion / magnification, noticeable tint, and the refresh rate of the reticle is somewhat low, so when you move around really quickly, you perceive a trail of the reticles. Can't say more than that as I haven't gamed with it yet, but I suspect it will be perfectly adequate.  

Ohnoes, is it one of those PK-23 esque blinking dots? They really hurt my eyes after a while.

Ohnoes, is it one of those PK-23 esque blinking dots? They really hurt my eyes after a while.

I haven't looked through a PK-23 so I can't comment, but it's only noticeable when you move the gun / sight really quickly, I've seen this effect on other cheaper real steel red dots such as Burris fast fire.