AK & Variants Picture Thread

After my dremel arrived today I was finally able to give Sonja some new handguards. Bottom sits nice and flush but the top despite being sturdy is wonky, but frankly I do not want to mess with it more.  The MAG midcap is actually their quasi plum despite the poor lighting.  I would love to get my hands on either the LCT or Cyma plum mags though.

Sonja started out as part of two cyma/dboy kalashes I got many years ago, and has been made into a fixed wood stock for most of her life, had gearbox rebuilt multiple times (and failing just as much), and has so many random parts, including an Egyptian rear sight ladder.  After how effective my latest addition the ak105 has been I figured I would convert her back to folding stock and find some plum grips for her.  I hope my latest rebuilt of her gearbox has fixed her and I can actually use her at my next game, as I have reached the point where I want to buy a zci quick spring change gearbox and just be done with working on the current one.

IMG_0571 (2).JPG

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would say most definitively yes.

Going to guess PPS brand, though I have thought about if that one's stock could fit on a cyma one somehow.  Also reminds me I still need to get the metal flashhider to replace the yucky orange plastic on mine, and that I still want that camo.

14 hours ago, renegadecow said:

Yup

Any suggestions on how to make the trunnion/barrel/rear sight block more sturdy? Mine is wobbly/not straight as hell, and my normal method of shimming with tape isn't doing much😕, and I'm almost tempted to just modify a real steel (rear sight block) to work on mine.

Edited by aznriptide859

I saw a few of the TWI ones at the last rec game I went to, kinda want to get some.  I do love running the cyma 40 rounder midcaps in my ak100 carbine. 

Quick question, but what is the consensus on PBS-1 replicas out there atm, and anyone got experience with one for the cyma bizon?  I kinda been having the odd thought today of getting one for mine and possibly taking the stock brass barrel of an ak74 model out of storage, build a hop up setup for it, and basically have two barrel sets (not sure if I would have to change cylinders but hoping not).