AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MVIMG-20200420-192052.jpg

AC Unity 60 Rounder modded to take GHK internals, got it half price as it has cracked windows. Still work in progress, physically fits but don't dare test fire just yet until alignment is good. Once that's done, will look into expanding BB capacity and potentially even gas if it requires it. (Probably not necessary given default mag already goes through far more than one fill and I'm unlikely going to be able to double capacity. Helped by @Bada Bing's video for general mag mod tips, so thanks for that. 

• Like 10

Woah. Good job buddy, you are very welcome. 
Takes a little while to get it just right, the alignment and such, but truly stellar when it’s all working like an original mag. 

I’d love to try my hand at modifying a real 5.45 polymer magazine to fit the GHK 5.45 internals with shortened gas tubes, but I’m busy with other stuff atm. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My question is related, do long Magpul 'Zukov' handguard tolerates RPK bipod?

I know a hole surely needed to be able to fold (for the "foot" of the bipod), but is it enough, or the hangurad is fully too "fat" for folding"???

Thanx!

Edited by Murdoc
  • 3 weeks later...

The hero of last weekend's rec game, that in the hands of another took me down handily.  I have the classic side mount and ultimak clone for an optic, but I honestly have no need for one and for the former it defeats my actual use of the folding stock (when *suitcase* tucked in tight trying to keep folks guessing where I am behind cover).  I have fancied perhaps one of those vector pk-a clones though for display.  Mag is the blue box brand midcaps that I've only seen a few shops sell (here really evike afaik).  Fantastic feeding quality for something so cheap and light, just wish they had it in a more classic design.  Wish I had a 11.1v that would fit it (my wiring and mosfet of choice does not leave much room under the cover) but it runs well enough on 7.4v.

IMG_0802.JPG

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Originally could not get this grater heatshield from Khyber Custom to fit, but queue one *suitcase* job with a dremel and pliers to bend the edges of both ends earlier today. 

I recommend saving oneself the headache and just getting the LCT one instead, it was not worth the effort for the cost difference.

IMG_0825.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...