AK & Variants Picture Thread

I'm guilty of ak abuse myself (the ak-k/mp-ak progresses :P ) but I also like the 'classic' ak look.

Vlad is my full wood AK-47 (an ancient CYMA), and with many roubles and much time he will look 'right', however Vanya my AKs (another ancient CYMA, now with G&G gearbox goodness ;) ) is getting turned into a PMC style 7.62mm AiMS-ish weapon.

Yes I name my AKs shoot me :P

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I'm wondering what their opinion of the AK12 is?

AK-12full.jpg

Cheaper than Dirt is a great place which usually get bits and pieces of Eastern-Bloc militaria on sale for very cheap price; I recall buying my East German bayonet and Esbit stove there.

I like my AK's historically accurate and practical, therefore I prefer it to be like a gun that has actually be used, not something that has had every accessory thrown on to it just because it can be. Most of my AK's don't have an optic, they don't need it. My AIMS has a replica UltimAK rail and a T-1 replica, a modern upgrade that gives me an optic without adding lots of weight and clutter. My RPK has a small scope to help with giving supporting fire at range. My shortened AK47S pistol thing has a Magpul AFG because it's comfortable, I might put a rail back on the tacticool lower handguard to mount a flashlight for indoor CQB.

I don't need to mount lights and lasers and scopes on every gun. I think it's silly when people have that much rail, and either don't use any of it, or use all of it for accessories that are just there for looks. To each their own, but it's still silly to weigh down a gun with unneeded stuff. If someone adds rails to mount practical accessories that they are actually going to use, then that's cool, there's nothing wrong with mounting things to your gun that you use to enhance your capabilities. I might still prefer the classic look, but I can't argue with stuff that works. However adding tacticool stuff purely for the sake of making something tacticool, is just silly. Most of the tacticool AK's you see do not need all that stuff on them, and from an aesthetic point of view they are ugly because it looks like stuff was just bolted on with little regard for form and function. At the same time, demanding that an AK have the original look is also silly, there's no law that you can't put a non-Russian/Soviet optic, grip, furniture, etc, on your AK. If it makes the gun work better for you, then you should go for it.

That said, I still personally prefer the classic look, and feel that minimalism is always superior, but that's my personal feelings. You know what, if I go to play airsoft and everyone on the field has a tacticool AK, I'm perfectly ok with that, because I want to be that one unique player with the classic AK.

Please don't hate on Red-Alliance! We're trying to fix the image and be more open.

i wouldn't call it 'hating on', that implies that the big mean mainstream site is picking on the little niche site for being different. this could not be further from the truth.

having spent a lot of time on RA a few years back i can honestly say it's got the largest concentration of stuck up, elitist twats outside of 4chan. i'm not slating the lot of you, i think it's good that you're trying to change the site's image, but the collection of fanatical, keyboard warrior manchildren (mischa michailovich comes to mind) the site has amassed has done an awful lot of damage to it's reputation.

• Like 2

Agreed. There's a great wealth of information there for people who are interested in serious impressions, collecting, or the eastern bloc in general. I found that very useful for a while, but as I drifted farther and farther from being incredibly serious about building an impression or adhering to every rule, the very vocal comrades on there started to grate on my nerves quite a bit. That's all well and good in its place, and I appreciate that the site has a bit of unique charm to it... but it went too far, and certainly doesn't belong over here.

• Like 3

keyboard warrior manchildren (mischa michailovich comes to mind) the site has amassed has done an awful lot of damage to it's reputation.

If you are talking about that guy with user name misha on R-A.

He does not frequent R-A much anymore and he sold most, if not all, his Russian stuff; now he is doing battlefield journalist impression.

I still remember one night when he went on a solo recon mission then later that night came back to help us against capitalist night attack...then walked off with two prisoners. :D

When you talk to him IRL, even though at that Op:EastWind(V) his character is a very-angry praporshik of some sort, he is a nice person.

I say that after living in Soviet camp for nine days even after he called my section(and other sections) up at 11p.m. for battle-readiness inspection WHILE IT WAS RAINING.

When you are on internet; you would not know someone's face or the tone he talks in(obviously because everyone is typing words into a little box), you get illusion that all comments that are even slightly negative is all insult directed towards you.

That is not the case; most of time. On internet; many people are "in-character" so to speak. No need to take everything as insult; think of them as constructive criticism. No one wants to drive away anyone who would potentially be reenactor/decent airsofter unless they are hardcore call-of-duty believers who think swiss alpenflage is standard-issue in Russian army...

This thread was made and no real flaming happened: http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=21122.0

At end of day is all people smoking and joking; for fun(just look at People's Army's posts). Face it, there are much worse insults on internet that they know but never use.

Edited by adadqgg
  • Like 1

More than a year going and still not a proper thread to put this in.

You see, if there is to exist a proper SKS picture thread...

You would have to begin mass production of SKS body kits.

And then they will be fitted with bad American-made accesories such as cheap plastic stock(with pistol grip) and "CHEAP PLASTIC MAGAZINE THAT FEEDS CARTRIDGE LIKE CONSTANTLY JAMMING PEZ CANDY BOX" and then "LARGE MOUND FORMS OVER SIMONOV'S GRAVE BY CONSTANT TUMBLING OF HIS ANGRY CORPSE." (Ivan Chesnokov)

And still not hit largest side of barn at hick party. No doubt due to influence of Battlefield3.

Edited by adadqgg

Now I want to see someone build an SKS replica, and then put it in a Tapco Intrafuse stock, just to watch some people explode with rage, lol.

On a serious note, has anyone gotten one of the 2012 VFC AK's yet? I'm contemplating getting the AK74N, and putting on real Bulgy plum furniture with a CYMA plum grip.

Edited by DanHS

If you are talking about that guy with user name misha on R-A.

He does not frequent R-A much anymore and he sold most, if not all, his Russian stuff; now he is doing battlefield journalist impression.

I still remember one night when he went on a solo recon mission then later that night came back to help us against capitalist night attack...then walked off with two prisoners. :D

When you talk to him IRL, even though at that Op:EastWind(V) his character is a very-angry praporshik of some sort, he is a nice person.

I say that after living in Soviet camp for nine days even after he called my section(and other sections) up at 11p.m. for battle-readiness inspection WHILE IT WAS RAINING.

back when i frequented RA he was misha michailovich, same guy but i think he's shortened his username since.

i'm sure he's lovely in person, but the fact is he was a complete *rickroll* online. i have no time for grown men who spend their time bullying people on forums.

• Like 1

I am struggling with the x47 series handgaurd. I am trying to decide it it would be easier to dremel it down a little to fit my redstar or just buy a junkyard cyma and slap the front end on.

What handguard and what model gun, specifically? Different manufacturers have different tolerances and sizing.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about an inch longer than a normal AK74 stock, but I like longer stocks on my AK anyway. Not that I really measured anything, I just kind of cut the shovel handle and went to town. She handled surprisingly well today with the addition of a 1-point mount made out of a hose clamp, so I think I found a winner for generic bad guy AK for when I don't feel like bringing out the tactical abomination.

Also, the field owner suggested that I hack up a spare bayonet and put a shovel blade on it and I really want to try it. If I had gone LCT I bet it would even be sturdy enough to dig with.

Edited by DFM56