renegadecow

AK & Variants Picture Thread

Nice one Gish :D

I always want to have a look inside PK-AS, wondering if it's a prism-ish sight, low magnifying scope, or just reflex sight with black reticle.........wait, is that possible?

Nice, how do you like the Bizon, and which brand suppressor did you use? I'm thinking of getting one and going Polarstar when the V3 engines come out, with a suppressor they're so quiet, and I'll have something quite different from all the Polarstar powered AR's on the field.

• Like 1

I wish I could tell you where I got mine, but they were sourced by the gunsmith who assembled it for me. I was invoiced $40.99 CDN for the handguards and pistol grip, if that's cheap enough I can ask the guy where he got them and PM you the site.

Thought I'd share these as I'm waiting for the stain to dry before sealing them:

Without flash

IMG_0111.jpg

With flash

IMG_0112.jpg

Details to follow once they're done and installed.

Nice discodante thats what i'm thinking of doing with my VFC AKS74N, when i can find some nice RS plum grips for a decent price.

I never ordered from this place, but they have the handguards, I don't see the stock though. I have a set of plum Bulgarian furniture I'm saving for a possible VFC in the future, I got it with a demilled kit gun here in the US, I'm not sure if US retailers can export furniture or not, there are a lot of restrictions on exporting gun components.

http://soviet-military.com/product/soviet-russian-army-ak-set-handguardsgrip-polymer-sm-28-158

Edited by DanHS

Ok, Fakelite grips done! I wish there wasn't such a short time limit to edit posts, I would have just added these to my earlier post. Anyways, here's the finished product on two of my lower-end guns.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

And my technique: For the base I used Valspar satin finish "La Fonda Copper" spray paint, I chose it because it produces a nice thin and smooth finish, and the color looks a bit like Bakelite already. Then I did the usual Miniwax Red Mahogany using the cheap horsehair brush, like I did earlier with the mags. Then after letting it dry a few days, I sealed it with the Miniwax 2in1 Polyurethane using a foam brush to carefully brush on a thin, even coat. I did try applying the polyurethane too perfectly on one of the grips, and you can see a light spot on part of the grip on the shorty AK74, where I brushed too many times and rubbed off some of the stain. I think the stain was a bit too thin too, as they came out slightly too light (they look about right for Bakelite mags, but other real Bakelite items I have are darker), and I neglected to paint and stain inside the hole for the grip screw, and by the trigger guard. I also feel they may be a bit too shiny, I may try some semigloss or satin polyurethane. I will try to do it a bit darker next time, and make a perfect Fakelite grip for my RPK!

Edited by DanHS
  • Like 3

I do, but it's not on right now lol. I had XTM's on it but they seem a bit too fat...

Same reason why I don't use it anymore on the AK....just stippled the ladder cover...

sucza.jpg

My CQB tacticool version off AKS-74U

- Cyma 0.045A

- Aluminium front ris

- Foldable rail grip

- Led lenser flaslight with pressure switch

- AK scope mount

- Eotech clone

And some old look body made in steel wool

@thepesh: Is that 40' mag?

Nice 'SU' BTW!

WARNING: 'AK-purist' do not read my following question:

MAGPUL MOE hanguard modded with resin-laminate to fit on AK? What do you think??? :wizard:

Edited by Murdoc

I see no adaptor, just that... terrible hybrid AEG. :shocked:

So I want to make it else. Thax!

Hey, hey.... you'll hurt it's feelings.

lol, nah I'm joking, monsters don't have feelings.

I know; I have a Bullpup M14 monster too... :rolleyes:

I want MAGPUL, because I don't like so many rails... I already have a CTR stock too.

That will be the base gun... naturally wood parts will be able to replant...

Edited by Murdoc

I know; I have a Bullpup M14 monster too... :rolleyes:

I want MAGPUL, because I don't like so many rails... I already have a CTR stock too.

That will be the base gun... naturally wood parts will be able to replant...

how about something like this?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/290812266305?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

or

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/390342544901?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

they're quite minimalistic for tacticool handguards IMO.