AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Cheers mate; it really looks quality, and because they messed up a hi capa order theyre letting it go for 70kwid. I brought a jg m4 years ago and the quality was adequate, though its still going strong stock...since then it seems theyve improved the quality of their products a hella lot since then-i mean this thing is eye candy.

Is it an SVD or a marksmans AK btw?

You cant buy the stock separately; Ive scoured the net and the only ak12 gun/kit/parts ive seen is this blackviper. Im sure theyll be a realsword or TM '12 out before you can blink, but right now this seems to be it.

The stock is so close to a scar though, and Ive seen a nice stock called slr300 (i believe) by dboys; its full metal rather than polymer but its got that tactical look, its cheap, and I think the form will suit an ak down to a tee, without trying to be an M4 (i just hate an M4 sliding stock on an AK). Ironically, its for the M4, but it could have come from a Soviet designers blueprints: it has that classic utilitarian look.

Cheers mate; it really looks quality, and because they messed up a hi capa order theyre letting it go for 70kwid. I brought a jg m4 years ago and the quality was adequate, though its still going strong stock...since then it seems theyve improved the quality of their products a hella lot since then-i mean this thing is eye candy.

Is it an SVD or a marksmans AK btw?

It's neither. It's a AEG that doesn't exist in the real world. It's a cross between an AK and a SVD.It reminds me more of a PSL to be honest. There are only 2 "marksman" AK's out there, in mass production, and if you want to see what they look like do a google search on Yugo M76 and Iraqi Tabuk. Both of these are built on the M70 receiver and the Iraqi factory uses machines from the former yugoslavia.

Oh sorry, I meant how much is the stock lol?

I have no idea yet until I upload it all to Shapeways once it's finished. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Shapeways have delivered the first 2 parts:

Flash hider

FullSizeRender_zps3e36e2d2.jpg

Fake selector

FullSizeRender1_zpsc75f600e.jpg

Something which has nothing to do with AK's :)

FullSizeRender2_zpsfc90d0ec.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus

Im actually thinking of getting the '12, just for novelties sake as ive had an unexpected winfall...Clearly its not gonna be ptw grade, but is the plastic decent quLity ie not brittle abs thats lite asa feather? Well, I can fford this, the bison svd, and ive haggled a trader down to 80 kwid for a jg a47 (advertised as SVD, but clearly a marksman variant ak47( the tanker stocks, selector, and furniture are pure ak)...which of these three wd be best?

Honestly all of those sound like pretty terrible choices, but I guess it depends on what you're trying to do.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ive looked up those rifles, but seeing as this thing is tm compatible I think ill go for a "sniperized RPK" - im assuming its built on the RPK receiver and the furniture is obviously fictional but I do like it, its just missing a drum mag. Its an AEG, but the maker's claiming over 450 fps....?

I actually had no bloody idea of that; Ive spent many hours trawling threads trying to get a comprehensive list of what i can use with my vfc clone; general consesus seems to be nothing but vfc, and they make few to zero aftermarket parts.. (im too used to my ics and its demand for very epensive parts I guess)

Ive seen a "Supreme Grade" AK47 receiver by g&p and it says its for TM- its a work of art compared to what I have - you think this would fit my dboys aks74u?

One problem with those RMR Mounts, they shouldn't have the wings. The RMR is a Ruggedised Mini Reddot, it doesn't need wings to protect it, The old Mini Reddot made by Shield for Docters/Trijicon/J Point etc was the one that used the wing mount, not the RMR.

Just about all airsoft AKs are "TM compatible," depending on what exactly you mean by that. The best ones are generally clones of the VFC design. If you're just starting into AKs, it's hard to beat a Cyma.

Yeah Im completely new to AK's and i have an aks74u dboy so it is vfc clone, but lacking in overall quality. I stopped airsofting awhile back for approx 3 years and back then cyma had a horrific rep for quality, but now they're THE name for AK's- ive heard more cyma love than for brands id consider the high end and I think its just great how chinasoft has improved over the years- I recently compared my 2009ish vintage JG G36C to the recent model and the difference in build quality is big.

I was gonna ask if JG make a good AK also? Ive got the AK47 sniper with bipod due today or tommorow; I'm not into such big heavy guns, but I got it for less than wholesale...the model is A47, advertised as an SVD but im told its a sniperized ak47.

One problem with those RMR Mounts, they shouldn't have the wings. The RMR is a Ruggedised Mini Reddot, it doesn't need wings to protect it, The old Mini Reddot made by Shield for Docters/Trijicon/J Point etc was the one that used the wing mount, not the RMR.

Luckily though they aren't for an RMR..

They're for a micro red dot which is the correct red dot and mount for an L119A1 replica.

• Like 1

Only if you have an inflexible $150 budget. They're perfectly usable but the really well built AKs go upwards of $275 with E&L, LCT, and Real Sword. For GBB it's WE or GHK.

Yeah this is what i meant when i said theyre the go to brand; its for those on a tight budget (which I was when I brought my first AK its "cyma this and cyma that"-even the licensed Kalashnikov aegs are cyma, and the aks74u looks very impressive, externally at least. A £120 AK wont stand up to a Real Sword, of course.

I was going to get the micro dot but ive just seen this new sight on ebay called the "Kobra" its almost £50 but it seems to be modelled on a real soviet scope; are these any good?

A Ha, just read that first post on this page then quickly glanced back without reading, whoops!

As delta said it's for the micro red dot. these are the prototypes for me to test out and to keep to the original thread here's an update on the AK12 stock.

I thought the stock pad would be the easy part compard to the resr but as usual i'm wrong. It's getting there and hopefully be finished soon.

ak12%20stock%20update_zps7gbu76v1.jpg

I'm planning to mod it at the front as the front hand guards are seperate from the clamshell. I've not finalised exactly what i'm going to do but I'm thinking of having the front hand guards removable by a take down lever similar to the normal AK. There's space under the hand guards and inside the clam shell to fit a decent sized LIPO.

oh and Drake is that the G&G Vintorez? AI did a bad review on it and I was wondering if it's any good. I've got a soft spot for G&G stuff and I wouldn't mind getting the V if it's any good.