AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

A friend just gave me this (my airsofting friends are awesome), now all I need is to find an entire front set for it and I can convert my CM.035 to a stamped steel gun. Kinda disappointed in how cheesy the potmetal stock latch looks, but at least it's better than the whole potmetal receiver. Having trouble finding the front set, saw parts on WGC Shop, but they were all out of stock.

IMG_0324.jpg

^ good luck. I've had pretty much the exact same thing for about 2 years and I still have not found a front set for it. Best bet I think would be buying from the forums off someone parting out their broken/whatever gun

Beautiful Mag-Ks here guys! really well done!

A friend just gave me this (my airsofting friends are awesome), now all I need is to find an entire front set for it and I can convert my CM.035 to a stamped steel gun. Kinda disappointed in how cheesy the potmetal stock latch looks, but at least it's better than the whole potmetal receiver. Having trouble finding the front set, saw parts on WGC Shop, but they were all out of stock.

You are lucky.

I have one complete Dboys Aks-74u front set sitting in the basement, unused.

Edited by adadqgg

So you're willing to sell it? Lemme send you a PM...

I've spent a few hours searching, I can't even find many of the pieces in one place, barrel here, gas block and top cover there, rear sight block somewhere else, it'd cost more to buy and ship from all those places than buying the whole gun! I figured my only bet would be for someone on the forum to happen to have the parts or a broken gun.

Work day tomorrow! Just got an Echo1 Red Star AKM/CM048M. Very impressed with the build quality other than the pot metal front sight. I snapped that of with about 5 pounds of force when I was removing the cleaning rod. :| Got an Egyptian AKM front sight, Polish AKM sling (canvas w/metal hooks on one end), and a few other bits and bobs coming in next week.

Only mods the handguards need is a little dremeling to allow the lower handguard pin to lock closed. As of now it is as far back as it can rotate, as the picture shows.

The stock just needs to be chopped off nearly flush and have a small portion drilled out to allow the base of the receiver to fit in.

_IGP3333.JPG

Edited by SteevoLS

AKM.jpg

This is now SteevoLS' AKM Project Progress Thread. ;)

The stock and handguards are done. Modifying the stock took about 2 hours with a drill press, chisel, dremel, and a lot of profane silence. It's solid as a rock, though, and feels more like a RealSword than a CYMA.

I'm deliberately hiding the front sight and flashhider in these shots because I'm waiting on the surplus Egyptian parts before that looks remotely presentable. The slant brake was badly mangled by Airsoft Atlanta, and the front sight is broken as I mentioned before.

Edited by SteevoLS

I'm going to use it for a game or two and carefully observe the wear and tear. If you look at my SPR in the painted weapons thread, you'll see that I don't baby my guns around. If it starts wearing down quickly, I won't do any fake weathering.

The E1 logos are laser-engraved, so getting rid of them will be kind of tricky. Even if I paint it, they'll still be visible.

I hate those engraved logos, on my cm.035 I just painted over them, they were of course still visible but at least not from more than a couple feet away. I guess if you stripped the receiver to bare metal and sanded them out, you could blue or repaint it.

Edited by DanHS

The Roob how did you achieve that paint scheme?

U-line cardboard box spraypaint - is the tan. it is darker than Krylon tan. started with that, added krylon OD in splotches and krylon Brown in REALLY FAST stripes (the faster you go, the thinner they are) and then blended with a dusting of the U-line spray paint again. I tried to keep the green and brown layers as light and dusty as possible.

I stole the U-line paint from work, I imagine you can get it in the U-line catalog.