AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Beautiful set of AIMS rifles, since getting a CM.050A and putting a Romanian foregrip on it, the look has really grown on me.

And I received my AKSU front set from adadqgg today, and of course immediately started assembling. Almost done now, all I need is a pin for the barrel and a rivet for the top cover. I made my own hopup chamber block, and used a spring to keep the hopup firmly located against the gearbox. I rearranged the spring on the rod for the charging handle, and cut a small relief into the front trunnion to allow the rod to fit. The gun still isn't perfect, but it's certainly much better than it was, and it's lighter too, which was a big reason for ditching the diecast body.

IMG_0328.jpg

I removed the optic rail, I never use it on the AKSU anyway

IMG_0329.jpg

My hopup block thingy, just a piece of 1/16"x3/4" aluminum flatstock carefully bent to the right width, with two ears cut, bent, trimmed, and drilled, and a notch cut for the front of the hopup.

IMG_0330.jpg

Simply place the little washer thingy behind the spring, and the charging handle in front of the spring

IMG_0331.jpg

Cut a slot into the trunnion before installing the barrel, and the rod has a nice snug place to fit up against the barrel retaining pin, under the rear sight block.

Many thanks to adadqgg for the front set, I probably never would have found one otherwise, and would have resorted to buying the parts bit by bit as I came across them.

^That is a pretty well-made hop-up block.

I did not need the frontset anymore because of this:

IMG_0507.jpg

And a closer shot to properly show the shiny finish to properly identify the brand of this AK:

IMG_0508.jpg

Yes, that is the GLORIOUS Red-Alliance patch; issued by supply officer Tascabov(if you go to Operation EastWind, you will be very familiar with him).

Edited by adadqgg

Yes it does! :showoff: The Hider weighs exactly 680 Gramms (it weighed it just for sure), came with the AEG. Don't even know what kind of FH this is...

1.5lb flash hider? Damn man, you know they have these things called gyms where you can go to work out instead??

if you pickedu p BB's and threw them it would work better than marlowes :P

O-ho!

In jokes!

:)

Edited by CKinnerley

I always liked the weird AKMSU foregrip, the muzzle device looks cool too, but it weighs over half a Kg? Just a solid chunk of steel? You would think they'd bore it out or something when machining it.

And I finished the pins for my AKSU;

IMG_0335.jpg

I suppose I should paint them. All that's left on this gun now is an OD green pistol grip, which I have on backorder from WGC Shop, and a correct fire selector screw. OD green 5.45 waffle mags would be nice too, if anybody made them. I really wish MAG made their AK waffle mags in the same colored clear as their Aug mags. I guess I could go with some Beta Project mags, they're just a bit pricey to buy a full set of them.

Edited by DanHS

It's an AK, mix and match is part of the game, so long as you're not hanging every silly railed thing off it. I've seen AKSU's with the thumbhole foregrip, looks a bit odd, but not bad or wrong. I say go for it, maybe even get the perforated steel upper handguard to go with it.

Edited by DanHS

So do I--just how unkosher would it be to mount one on a VFC AKS-74u? I just acquired one but it came with this weird tactical foregrip instead of the wood one:

vfc_ak_ras_01.jpg

That looks redneck...and that is not a compliment.

Wrap it in duck tape and you might be onto something funny.

AKMSU foregrip looks a lot better.

Edited by adadqgg

Kalash Full Steel AKSU Based

+ VFC Sideplate

+ real AKSU Flashhider

+ to Airsoft converted Tula Plum AK74 Magazines

+ real AKSU Sling

+ AirFET “AB Mosfet”

+ Pro-Win AK Hop-up

+ Madbull 6.03 Tightbore, Deep Fire V2 Piston & Titanium Piston Head

+ Obzor 1P63 Reflex Sight

1df316993JPG.jpg