AK & Variants Picture Thread

You have a stamped reciever, so yeah ;) They also come in different lengths

Thanks. Can you actually explain the differences (pics would be nice)? I'm guessing with the barrel assembly or something along those lines where the RIS mounts on to the receiver? Thanks again!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Thanks. Can you actually explain the differences (pics would be nice)? I'm guessing with the barrel assembly or something along those lines where the RIS mounts on to the receiver? Thanks again!

IIRC the hole in the milled receiver is smaller, therefore it won't be as solid installed on a stamped one.

Got a reversed dong for my little *bramston pickle*

Also ditched the UltiMAK, too tacticool!

So, its a Real Sword

Maadi top cover(will be replaced with a romy next week)

Romanian lower and upper handguard, the handguard retainer is also romy

EG folder

Bulgarian FSB/GB

Some russian sling

How much do you guys pay for those bulgy gas blocks over there? I've been thinking about getting one on my saiga but I can't find them for less than $150 usually, a little expensive for me to be putting on a replica at least

How much do you guys pay for those bulgy gas blocks over there? I've been thinking about getting one on my saiga but I can't find them for less than $150 usually, a little expensive for me to be putting on a replica at least

I got it from the US smile.gif It was $160.. Totally worth it!

Whaaat? But I was told it was the sniper version with it being longer than usual... :unsure:

How bout this one then?

Don't listen to them sir. The SKS deserves to be here on merit alone :)

And well I do like the Vityaz too, I'm sure I talk for a sizeable number of viewers when I say "want" :)

Whaaat? But I was told it was the sniper version with it being longer than usual... :unsure:

How bout this one then?

<snip>

Tutorial pls? Was that a stamped VFC style receiver or a TM style one?

Win.

<snip><snip>

Nowhere near done, but hey, at least it has form now.

Nice one, what's the lower RIS? Self-fabricated?

Win.

Nowhere near done, but hey, at least it has form now.

Sweet :D

Thinking of building very similar AK but with SAW grip, and b'coz LOP with armor would be too long for me, so I may need an M4 style stock tube.............and ta-da! A somewhat 80% famous GoGun "Mag-K"! And of coz it will be AAC'd with Private Parts silencer set :P

Tutorial pls? Was that a stamped VFC style receiver or a TM style one?

It's in the projects section, probably moldy by now though. Used a TM style receiver as it was what I had, and bodged on the folding stock plus the chop job. Mag adapter was fabricated from PVC. Looking back, it would have been easier to start with a VFC style AKS74U.

Don't listen to them sir. The SKS deserves to be here on merit alone :)

No, the SKS deserves its own picture thread.

But the point is that although SKS may look slightly similar to AK at the front(sometimes), it is not an AK.