AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Used my LCT AKM for the first time at the weekend. Very decent performer. My only gripe is that the hop slider is too 'slippy'. The screw won't hold it still. :(

Well, I have the same "issue" with my LCT. The hop slider moves around too easily. I've the bad custom of pulling the charging handle when I'm on patrol far from the action and the fake bolt slightly touching the slider was enough to move it.

A sort of related question: Have anyone tried putting a Prowin hop-up unit in an LCT Ak? mine is a 104NV if that makes any difference.

My CYMA CM042 has arrived this morning and I need some advice;

First, where to source a Romanian or Romanian style wood foregrip. I've found stores selling an airsoft version for £35-£40, but that seems pretty excessive for some woodwork. Any other sources?

Secondly, aging. Wood is simple enough, sand, bash about, stain. But artificially sanding the metal work always ends up looking to deliberate. Can anyone advise how to strip the paint down a bit? I thought I heard someone mention leaving it in soft drink and letting the acidity do its thing?

Edited by -Angel-

Used my LCT AKM for the first time at the weekend. Very decent performer. My only gripe is that the hop slider is too 'slippy'. The screw won't hold it still. :(

Undo the small screw holding the arm on the hop-up unit (the one facing the ejection port) and put a small o-ring over the screw, then replace it. That should stop the hop-up arm from sliding.

First, where to source a Romanian or Romanian style wood foregrip. I've found stores selling an airsoft version for £35-£40, but that seems pretty excessive for some woodwork. Any other sources?

Secondly, aging. Wood is simple enough, sand, bash about, stain. But artificially sanding the metal work always ends up looking to deliberate. Can anyone advise how to strip the paint down a bit? I thought I heard someone mention leaving it in soft drink and letting the acidity do its thing?

1) Arms fairs? Or get friendly with someone in russia/yugoslavia/ex-eastern-bloc country

2) Oven-cleaner is good - the foamy stuff that you get in a spray can. Otherwise, I've used Nitromoors before with good results.

• Like 1

I found this: https://www.buymilsurp.com/ak-lower-handguard-with-pistol-grip-used-romanian-qty-1-p-41746.html

don't know how shipping from the US will work out for you though. I ordered mine from APEX Gun Parts, but it was the full furniture set and more expensive. As for artificial wear, I tried the dish sponge trick once and it worked ok when I did it sparingly, but I realized that the potmetal parts always look like dull grey potmetal, rather than bare steel, where the paint is worn off. At this point I'm just letting my CM.050A wear naturally, though rubbing it down with actual firearms rust preventer helped make the finish look less like black paint, and gave it a nice realistic gun smell too, lol.

I concur with the o-ring fix for LCT hops. When I first got mine, first day out, I had to jam bits of cardboard into the slider to stop it moving allover the place when shooting!

As for Pro-Win hops, nope. I couldnt get mine to feed / fit properly when fitting into my 105. Neil at Midas Airsoft was speaking to LCT & they said their hops are a tiny bit different from standard tm ones. Apparently.....

• Like 1

Here's my GHK AKM. Picked it up used, and despite some original problems, it's turning out fairly well!

What I've done:

-Romanian lower handguard and pistol grip. I might change the stock/upper handguard if I keep the build.

-Romanian RPK selector lever

-Romanian full auto disconnector

-Polish recoil guide rod (and a bit of recoil spring-check the pics)

-Homemade enhanced blowback kit (weighted bolt)

100_1995.jpg

100_2011.jpg

I got a Cyma AK47 tactical a few months ago, just been mucking about with it and looked down the barrel with a flashlight in the magwell and it appears to have a 2 pronged hop rubber.

Is this normal now?

Also, I stuck a SAW grip on it, and there is a wire thing on the bottom of it. What is that actually for?

Edited by scorch

It's not a H-nub, it's the CYMA bucking. They're actually one of my favorite buckings over all. It's a standard straight-across-the-top mound, but with a groove cut out of the center.

Long, productive evening.

Part Uno:

IHrv7.jpg

SVD-style PSL handguards, PSL gas tube, Venom Tactical gas block/front sight on DBoys AKS74 receiver/stock.

CYMA RPK with CYMA AKM stock... scope is just for kicks, going to be replaced with a Russian scope of some sort.

Part Dos:

h7RWX.jpg

Moved said PSL stuff over to my CYMA AKM, and moved the grenade launcher (well, the entire front end) over to the AKS74.