AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Bit of an odd question.

I've come into possession of a yugo slant akm muzzle brake. I have a dboys akms that has no brake for it.

I assume I can bring the two together?

EDIT: Got it on (I think) with the aid of a vice.

Edited by Gunmane

Scorch, I have the same exact CYMA, had the notched bucking also. I bought it used with the stock broken, be careful, the top part of the hinge (where the c-clip holds the pin) looks pretty weak and can break off. I modified mine to fit a piece of 3/4"x1/8" steel there, to replace that broken area. I think DealExtreme in HK happens to have the same stock, though it might be an excuse to upgrade the whole receiver and get a different stock, if it breaks.

Decided to take a few, well, lets just say not prepared photos of my three kalashes.

Dboys AKS-74, awaiting a repaint replacement reciever (stock's sling loop is broken)

001-6.jpg

002-7.jpg

Dboys AK-74mn, mag still has some tape residue from previous owner.

005-4.jpg

006-3.jpg

Dboys AKMS full steel. It's a bit of an odd gun currently, with East German Bakelite front handguards and a yugo slant brake on it (didn't have a metal original when I got it). The cleaning rod is not fitting at this time, and the sling is just the one from the box. I got a real one on the way at some point.

003-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

My AK105 finished. Taken a couple of months to do, but she's done :D. Idea was a tactical AK without all the (I think) ugly rail systems (which I also cannot afford!).

Base gun is a Cyma 040B.

External Upgrades

Recoil Buttpad

Paracord on the stock for comfort / increased grip

Element LLM01 ghetto fitted on with a piece of RIS + Jubilee Clip

TGP-A Suppressor

Has had a few washes in Napier gun oil giving it a nice realistic finish

Internal Upgrades

Deans connecters fitted

Vanaras 407mm Tightbore

P1020405-1.jpg

P1020408-1.jpg

Edited by huntER_HuntED

When I wrapped the stock on my AIMS, I had found a post somewhere online when I Googled for ideas, they taped the paracord midway down the stock, then ran it straight down to the loop, looped it around that, then wrapped it around the stock back up all the way to the hinge, where they then loosened the last coil, slipped the paracord under that, and then proceeded to twist each coil loose enough to press the paracord under it with a screwdriver, all the way back to where the paracord was originally taped. So far it's held up and hasn't uncoiled, tho it does twist a bit.

On one of my AKSU's I used a piece of nylon webbing that I looped around the sling loop and tied in such a way to make a loop on the left side for attaching a single point sling, then wrapped around the stock and tied off around the last coil and tucked it inside the channel of the stock.

On the other AKSU I left a few inches of paracord on either end of the coiled section, each length of which I looped around the last coil before it, then looped it around itself again, and then ran it inside the channel of the stock and pulled it through the middle of the coils, where I then tied the two ends as tight as possible, and pushed them back inside the channel so the knot was hidden. Here's a picture of it, the knot is inside under the paracord.

IMG_0569.jpg

DanHS, that is awesome. I just ordered 100ft of OD green and will pick it up today. I am going to go crazy with the stuff:-)

Farfromahero has a great idea. A person could leave a loop and voila! Instant sling mount!

I have/had several ARs but not one of them are as fun as AKs. Kalashnikovas get the creative juice flowing:-)

Edited by supervepr

I would tie off the loose loop to make it tight, but yea, that would work as a sling mount. You can see on this gun that I tied a separate piece of paracord to the sling loop to make a single point mount on the left side. The cool thing with paracord is you can wrap and tie it in neat knots and patterns and designs that are kinda like personalized artwork, but it makes a practical and functional addition as well.

SADF R4 Assault Rifle, 5.56mm

[source]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R4_assault_rifle:

The R4 is a 5.56mm assault rifle that was introduced into service with the South African Defence Force (SADF) in 1982, replacing the earlier 7.62mm FN FAL rifle that was manufactured in South Africa under a license agreement from Fabrique Nationale as the R1. The R4 is produced by Denel Land Systems (DLS), formerly Lyttleton Engineering Works (LIW, "Lyttleton Ingenieurswerke").

The weapon is a licensed variant of the Israeli Galil ARM assault rifle with several modifications; notably, both the stock and magazine are now made of a high-strength polymer and the stock's arms were lengthened, adapting the weapon for the average South African soldier. The handguard was also lengthened.

Build:

Base: ICS Galil AR / ARM

RS Parts: Handguard, Stock

Other mods:

Hebrew trademarks filled, sanded and receiver resprayed.

Added: 'S A R' fire selector markings.

Bayonet Lug sawn off.

Gap in Gas Block filled.

'Grey metal' parts sprayed black.

509mm Tightbore

This is about as close as I can get it at the moment.

SADF-R4-1.jpg

SADF-R4-3.jpg

SADF-R4-2.jpg

SADF-R4-6.jpg

SADF-R4-5.jpg

SADF-R4-7.jpg

SADF-R4-4.jpg

• Like 1