AK & Variants Picture Thread

Those two upgrade parts should fit together. Both are specified to replace Tolyo Marui stock AK parts. The thing is the fore grip is included in the 104 front end, and both together cost more then a full AEG. You could buy a tactical AK of some with the same look for the amount of both those parts. You could get the Beta Project Magpul AK for near that amount or any number of nice complete AK type AEG.

I personally think the time of the AK purist has passed, since the Russian military is upgrading and modernizing as well as individual Russian soldiers kitting out their personal weapons just like US soldiers. They go online and shop for advantages just like soldiers of most western nations. There are many pictures from the Caucasus and Chechnya showing very interesting modernized AK's in combat. The 9x39 round VSS, VAL, and SR3M Vikhr are being used in ever increasing numbers, or at least showing up in a lot more journalists images and screen captures from news clips.

I think part of the AK purist movement is actually the AK hatters club as well. They like to think of the AK as a 'communist' gun and are opposed to seeing it modernized for reasons of nationalistic pride more then any supposed mil sim accuracy. Notice how making one look like its beatdown is considered OK, but make one look like a modern soldiers well taken care of primary weapon and everyone screams and cries. I think 90% of this crowd just transfers the now confusing and antiquated feelings of fear of communism onto this poor gun, and want to see it in peasants clothing.

I suspect most of the so called 'purists' really want the common depiction of the Russian soldier to stay firmly rooted in the 1950's to feel superior. Whatever I don't care, I am modern in my ways of thinking and so is my AK.

This is a modern Russian soldiers real AK.

0032t5h5.jpg

Russian Soldier showing of some new kit.

0040h7r0.jpg

Nice gear Dudesky.

Modern Russian submachine gun.

00320fwr.jpg

(Karden sorry your image domain is blocked here could not link had to borrow the images, pls dnt shotz mez)

Viewing the AK as a communist or terrorist weapon that must look a certain way to placate fragile emotions, is weak, and fragile, whatever thats not me.

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

I am sure you can modify the motor cage and the type of motor to do this, I am not sure its worth the time and effort. The motor cage must be modified, but is more likely easier to remake to new specifications to hold a thinner motor in the proper place. This is drive train modification you would need to do it in 3d or CAD and have it CNC machined, or have it 3d printed and then make a casting of it. Manual machining a new motor cage would be a pain in the behind.

People take something and will always violently defend it, for no other reason than to feel superior.

I LOVE the feel of wood and steel. So I have wood and steel AK's, a la Ino Galil, Unicorn AKS74U etc. The only one I don't have as steel and wood is my Gf's 104 Custom . Which has purple polymer furniture.

I have no problem however with ris'd up AK's, whatever you find practical and comfortable is what works for you.

Incidentally, does anyone know if Ino Galil top covers ARE RS covers? They're a different finish and metal to the airsoft parts and it was rumoured they just bought RS ones.

I don't know what some of the RA crowd's problem is, other than that (like any niche obsession) it is an easy avenue to feeling superior. Personally, I think the iconic AK is wood, steel, been through hell and still going strong. I've seen these AKs around the world and I like mine to generally look that way. All the same, I find some of the modernization that's going on to be very cool, and came very close to buying a Beta Project before I talked myself down from another gun I don't need!

I suppose that is some of the point, and its a good one. So many are wood steal and dirt. But to carry it like that you cant then have any real camo besides maybe some olive drap Pakistani conscript outfit nor any equipment besides maybe a chicom chest rig or 70's middle eastern wars style rig. The guy carrying the beat down wood AK isn't the guy I want to sim in airsoft unless its the VC or NVA, someone not currently *fruitcage* up the world. I have no grip against Russians though so I will sim them, and they use modern gear now.

People take something and will always violently defend it, for no other reason than to feel superior.

I LOVE the feel of wood and steel. So I have wood and steel AK's, a la Ino Galil, Unicorn AKS74U etc. The only one I don't have as steel and wood is my Gf's 104 Custom . Which has purple polymer furniture.

I have no problem however with ris'd up AK's, whatever you find practical and comfortable is what works for you.

Incidentally, does anyone know if Ino Galil top covers ARE RS covers? They're a different finish and metal to the airsoft parts and it was rumoured they just bought RS ones.

No, you misunderstand.

Saying railed-up AK is inferior is just based on pure looks(which most look like s**t and I am not joining religion of magpul).

Mostly I laugh at completely unnecessary rails that mounts...absolutely nothing.

It is okay to have rails if you actually have stuff that you want to mount onto it; but as far as I can tell from all those empty rail spaces(such as upper handguard rail with nothing on it)...it is mostly done for "cool" factor that does not really exist.

I personally think the time of the AK purist has passed, since the Russian military is upgrading and modernizing as well as individual Russian soldiers kitting out their personal weapons just like US soldiers. They go online and shop for advantages just like soldiers of most western nations. There are many pictures from the Caucasus and Chechnya showing very interesting modernized AK's in combat. The 9x39 round VSS, VAL, and SR3M Vikhr are being used in ever increasing numbers, or at least showing up in a lot more journalists images and screen captures from news clips.

I think part of the AK purist movement is actually the AK hatters club as well. They like to think of the AK as a 'communist' gun and are opposed to seeing it modernized for reasons of nationalistic pride more then any supposed mil sim accuracy. Notice how making one look like its beatdown is considered OK, but make one look like a modern soldiers well taken care of primary weapon and everyone screams and cries. I think 90% of this crowd just transfers the now confusing and antiquated feelings of fear of communism onto this poor gun, and want to see it in peasants clothing.

I find it funny people of world criticizes Russians on making everything backwards/no sense while nothing is said about AK.

Look at recent photo of Russians wearing genuine(or fake) multicam...

A few years ago I could tell a Russian loadout is Russian when I see one; now I need to look TWICE.

It is not about feeling of Communism anymore; it is about how modern Russia started looking so Western that differences are so much less notable...it is like typical airsoft in America of Americans(digital camouflage) vs. Americans(woodland camouflage).

Also you need to prove that majority of frontline regular units, not special forces, extensively use "modernized" AK/PKM...etc. before you speak of milsim.

And the fact that soldiers have to buy Western-made gear like Eotech for advantage...is just embarassing(exception applies when they cannot use Russian gear in certain parts of world).

Face it; there is about as much, if not more, wrong(to most people) with Modern Russia(now with a lot more Neo-Nazi, homosexual, and stuff...).

I spent $300+ on super-awesome-modern 6sh112 in cifra and it almost look like cheap Amerikan vest of crossdraw...wtf?

But to carry it like that you cant then have any real camo besides maybe some olive drap Pakistani conscript outfit nor any equipment besides maybe a chicom chest rig or 70's middle eastern wars style rig.

Soviet Russian(VSR, KLMK, TTsko; 6b3/5, lifchik, RD54), East German(Strichtarn), Turban-head-people(also possible with Strichtarn)...etc. you know what I am getting at.

Milsim is not all about (arguably more sad) modern times.

Edited by adadqgg

Stating opinion as both a fact, and as the opinion of everyone else on the planet, convinces me only of your insanity.

Sure, I rather be insane if such a normal you would consider Neo-Nazi not-wrong...

(large mounds of dirt build up in graves of soldiers who fought in Great Patriotic War due to tumbling in grave; because their grandsons love Nazi)

Edited by adadqgg

I don't know what some of the RA crowd's problem is, other than that (like any niche obsession) it is an easy avenue to feeling superior. Personally, I think the iconic AK is wood, steel, been through hell and still going strong. I've seen these AKs around the world and I like mine to generally look that way. All the same, I find some of the modernization that's going on to be very cool, and came very close to buying a Beta Project before I talked myself down from another gun I don't need!

Please don't hate on Red-Alliance! We're trying to fix the image and be more open.

For example, members like adadqgg get infractions and citations from admins and moderators if we can spot abusive or combative posting. We want more people to use the site to share and discuss!

:(

I'm a big Russian gear collector, but I still like to see people share images of their own projects. The Russian/AK community isn't about excluding people from getting involved. It should be the opposite :)

Edited by neoptolemus

Please don't hate on Red-Alliance! We're trying to fix the image and be more open.

For example, members like adadqgg get infractions and citations from admins and moderators if we can spot abusive or combative posting. We want more people to use the site to share and discuss!

:(

I'm a big Russian gear collector, but I still like to see people share images of their own projects. The Russian/AK community isn't about excluding people from getting involved. It should be the opposite :)

Well, no one else makes bad reputation of RA members other than RA members (for example adaqgqgqg). If one has big problems looking at railed AK`s you have the choice of not opening the AK picture section at all :D

Hello all, less talk more content; I was lured here by VFC linking to my guns on their facebook

ZOW8n.jpg

I don't like weighting down my already front-heavy AK so I'm not too keen on adding fancy schmansy bells and whistles aside from optics and sights that allow me to aim faster; if manly men in days of antiquity can run with nothing but the stock rifle and some sort of sight, then so can I

Well, no one else makes bad reputation of RA members other than RA members (for example adaqgqgqg). If one has big problems looking at railed AK`s you have the choice of not opening the AK picture section at all :D

You see, when I look at "My Eyes they BLEED" thread I know I can find many ugly AK(railed or with "designer" furnitures) to point and laugh at, with other comrades who share same view.

I am not sure what to expect every time I open this thread. Is like watching Family Guy; never knowing if next joke is going to be funny or be extremely boring and takes a lot of screen time.

You have problem with criticism of rail on AK? Well you posted pictures... My first gun was JG M4 but I never post picture of that on Red-Alliance; same thing, you post picture that someone might not like, there will be criticism. I believe I never posted any personal insult towards anyone regarding this matter.

If you even looked at Red-Alliance you would know I am not only one who criticizes rails on every surface of AK; and there is also a great number of people who have railed-up AK.

Although anyone can guarantee you this: you are not going to receive 20 hatepost and a ban even if you do post stuff about tactical AK; it has been done before, no flaming...just "gentle persuasion."

And of course I will create a bad reputation for having opinion different from others. In Soviet Russia...oh wait. :rolleyes:

Haters gonna Hate; it works both ways.

Edited by adadqgg
  • Like 1

50 miles? Just a monolithic rail on top and rail on lower hand-guard (there will be a railess version of that part).

The rail on top is for the optics (they are moving away from side-rail system), the rail on the lower half of the hand-guard can be removed or used for a VFG or some illumination device and I'm not completely sure if that thing on the gas block is a rail and even if it is I really don't think It will be adding much on the overall weight of the gun, so it doesn't really matter.

All this modifications have the goal of making a more adaptable gun so it can sell better on other markets, Izhmash hasn't been doing very well on the sales department lately.