AK & Variants Picture Thread

I agree that that's the problem, but really unclear on how to get it out or agitate it now, since it's pretty much 100% down in the hole. Only think I can think of is super glue or a magnet to pull it out. Not sure if either would work.

Since the pin is spring loaded, if you heat up the part to break the superglue bond, you should be able to lightly tap the pin further down the hole. This should free the pin enough for the spring to eject it forward.

-Piano

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

Silly question, so please, bear with me.

I have been using a regular molle dump pouch since forever, it works great for short m4 length magazines, but im now using more and more the AK platform and the longer 5.45 and 7.62 mags are a PITA to store in the dump pouch. I usually drop the M4 mags and they naturally fall horizontally in the pouch while the longuer AK mags stay vertical lying to the sides of the pouch, taking too much space and forcing me to rearange them constantly if I want to fit more than 3 mags in the pouch.

So, the question is, what kind of dump pouch do you use for AK mags storage?

4 mags? are they hicaps? I usually carry 10 to 13 AK mids to games so I have to reload them as less as possible... im a trigger happy (no auto) guy though... 

I think these could fit my needs

http://www.ebairsoft.com/molle-little-large-dump-pouch-khaki-p-4137.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/dump-pouch-modular-khaki-p-4656.html

Both should be around 20cm wide, so a bit of convincing may be enough to fit an AK mag horizontaly.

Opinions?

4 mags? are they hicaps? I usually carry 10 to 13 AK mids to games so I have to reload them as less as possible... im a trigger happy (no auto) guy though... 

I think these could fit my needs

http://www.ebairsoft.com/molle-little-large-dump-pouch-khaki-p-4137.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/dump-pouch-modular-khaki-p-4656.html

Both should be around 20cm wide, so a bit of convincing may be enough to fit an AK mag horizontaly.

Opinions?

In fact they're 3 low caps and 1 high cap for my case, the fields in my region would be considered tiny by most of you guys :P

I have to be very lucky to use all of them...

I know one, but not sure if they would actually ship you... seems that store is in canada.

Check your PM :)

Oh BTW, how do you want to attach the mount plate on that receiver? Seems little thin...

They were happy to ship, got one from the red alliance forum today for £150.

The receiver is actually a good 4-5mm thick. Cast ally by the looks.

Anyone used a real kobra and know if they can take a BB impact?

They were happy to ship, got one from the red alliance forum today for £150.

The receiver is actually a good 4-5mm thick. Cast ally by the looks.

Anyone used a real kobra and know if they can take a BB impact?

Didn't get mine shot :P but I sandwiched a small piece of clear plastic ( from parts package ) between the rubber hood and the front of the lens.

Lexan shield is the way to go, a small piece of 3mm thick Lexan is usually easy to find at a hardware store and doesn't cost much, you can use a heavy scissor to cut it, and a file to finish it round. I usually trace the size circle I need, then cut it out with a coping saw, and use a grinding wheel to grind it down to my traced circle. If I need a different shape the same procedure works fine. A Dremel works well also.

I also picked up another AK that needed a home. Someone got a hold of one of those SVD conversion kits, but they installed it on a CM.036, instead of on a Marui style underfolder. They hacked the back of the CM.036, drilled a hole in the stock, and put the gas block and front sight from an old Marui or CM.028 on it, and seemed to have used whatever screws were handy. Looks like it went through a few hands after that, then I got it for $60. Should have taken a before picture, the grip and front end were all wrapped in tape, paint was scratched, it looked like a piece of junk. I took it all apart, cleaned it up, repainted the scratched stuff, put in a different tightbore, tuned up and rewired the gearbox, then put it back together with the correct screws and everything shimmed tight. I swapped the SVD style muzzle for the M16 one to reduce the length a bit, and try to make it look less like a fake SVD. The stock had delaminated around the grip so I glued and clamped it, then I did some chiseling and Dremel work to get it to fit a little better. Since it was meant for the underfolder, it'll never fit a CM.036 correctly, but it fits good enough. I gave the stock a coat of Minewax 1-step stain and polyurethane, and now it looks much better. Not bad for $60, a little bit of my time, some spare parts and some Minewax. It shoots about 420 with .2g, but isn't happy with anything under .36g, which is fine. Shoots pretty accurate for what it is, the iron sights are actually just about spot on!

airsoftaksvdkit.jpg

Edited by DanHS