AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HAY GUYS! I has AK too. Can I join?

Finnaly put my RPK together. Its a genuine Russian Molot from 1973.   I bought it as a complete gun, but due to laws i had to remove and trash the receiver, BCG and barrel.   But all the rest (70%

Posted Images

question: I'm in search of an AK74su and the last time I had one was a VFC and I loved it! Just wondering what AK's out there in general will allow you to pull back the charge handle all the way and have that nice "clank" sound. Aside from any GBB's of course. Main reason is I'm helping with shooting a small project film and the individual making the film wants prop guns that really not only have the look, but the function as well, so to speak.

All VFC-based ones use the VFC-type bolt, where it's slotted in the side of the receiver. I know for a fact the DBoys 74U doesn't go back, only about halfway.

The solution I found was to use a VFC full-travel bolt, replace the gas tube for a RS Krink one, and shove it in a 74U. Problem is this adds just about $100 to the base gun cost.

What about the LCT or E&L Airsoft gun? I have an option to choose which ever model AK I want, but I've always been a fan of the short SBR AK's with either a wire stock or folding stock (side or under). I know I can always go GBB but I figure if I'm buying it I might as well have something that is reliable when skirmishing, can be modded with various aftermarket parts and accessories, and can also look the part, at least on camera.

aznriptide859: The short AK you have, is it based of the BETA ak body with a shorty front end added?

If you want full travel bolt feature, WE is the only one out there that can do it. Problem is that unlike a real AK, GBB's don't have as much gas (or at least, not nearly as strong enough) to get the real fire rate of an actual AK as well. This can be solved with an aftermarket product but then it's not a full travel bolt anymore. So if you want realistic Rate Of Fire, only half travel bolts will suffice.

If you want a good skirmishable GBB AK, GHK comes to mind. But you also pay top Dollar for that. Then again, when speaking about airsoft GBB's, the term "you get what you pay for" really applies.

What about the LCT or E&L Airsoft gun? I have an option to choose which ever model AK I want, but I've always been a fan of the short SBR AK's with either a wire stock or folding stock (side or under). I know I can always go GBB but I figure if I'm buying it I might as well have something that is reliable when skirmishing, can be modded with various aftermarket parts and accessories, and can also look the part, at least on camera.

aznriptide859: The short AK you have, is it based of the BETA ak body with a shorty front end added?

Ooo, I forgot about LCT. I THINK their bolts are full travel, since their aftermarket bolts are much shorter and aren't restricted. My 74U is an LCT body/DBoys 74U front with a VFC full size bolt.

• 2 weeks later...