WA 1911 MEU (Late model)

Foxtrot

I have a brand new Western Arms 1911 MEU (late model) single stacker. Compared to some of the other GBB's I have, the performace of it is rather... low. I'm judging it against a TM TAC Master, and a TM Sig 226 for that matter.

Basiclly my complaints are:

Slow Blow back

Not so-good range

Low power

I was curious what upgrades I could get to, well fix these things really. I'm not new to GBB's just Western Arms. I fell in love with this MEU because of how it looks, which is abusolutely stunning, same with the rubberized grips and all of it. So not really looking for external upgrades for it, just how to get it's performace up to par with the rest of the GBB's out there.

Thanks

Fox

I have a brand new Western Arms 1911 MEU (late model) single stacker. Compared to some of the other GBB's I have, the performace of it is rather... low. I'm judging it against a TM TAC Master, and a TM Sig 226 for that matter.

Basiclly my complaints are:

Slow Blow back

Not so-good range

Low power

I was curious what upgrades I could get to, well fix these things really. I'm not new to GBB's just Western Arms. I fell in love with this MEU because of how it looks, which is abusolutely stunning, same with the rubberized grips and all of it. So not really looking for external upgrades for it, just how to get it's performace up to par with the rest of the GBB's out there.

Thanks

Fox

It's the fault of that hicap mag it comes with. It just has a lower capacity than the traditional 15 round mag. If you would like to see the night and day difference between a stock 1911 and it's green gas eating brethren, send me a PM. I can work on the gun for you. Once it's been tuned, it will put the other gbb's you refer to, to shame. If you'd like to see samples of my work, I have reviews of various builds here in the readers' reviews section.

take the slide out and lube it up. I used tamiya creaming grease and the blow back baction become MUCH smoother.

after I have switched to a metal slide, I also took the blowback unit out and re-lubed the insides with systema cylinder grease. The blow back action become much more crisp and the power/range *seemed* to have increased a little. I do not recommend taking out the blow back unit on a plastic slide though as you will most likely bend the slide a little while taking out the blow back.

Which gas are you using in it? Airsoft Innovations make a flow restrictor that will allow your GBB to take Green Gas without a metal slide upgrade. If you're willing to pay for a metal slide though, it's much a much better investment in the long run.

Archived