ICS AEG Garand?

abbadon101

There is also an SMLE in the back of their recent catalogue, shown in sihouette amongst their upcoming rifles.

According to most sources, the silhouette of the SMLE was a mistake, as it was still labelled as "M1".

It still surprises me that there hasn't been an AEG Garand already, There are copious numbers of M14s about, and the principle for them is identical.

I'm gonna go with a no on that score, being as it would have to eject the mag through the end of the mech box and hop unit. Still, interesting addition the host of AEG varieties out there. I also imagine it will usher in a slew of M1 garande AEG clones, that said they couldn't do a tacticool one.... I hope.

It is 100% true. One of my colleagues has seen and handled the prototypes :)

This is what I want to hear.

Right thank you. That was all I wanted. Well that and a VSR based SMLE but hey, I will live with a garand.

Do we have a release date for it yet? I would love one by the summer.

Be interesting to see which magazine solution they go with. Maybe a slim one that goes in to the top? I'm pretty sure it's possible to put the bb feed point on a hop unit facing upwards and still have the nub at the top so it works correctly. There's certainly not a lot of room inside the body that's for sure, so I can see it being something fairly unorthodox.

Interesting comment on that video that the FNC will have realistic trades outside of Europe, but not in Europe...

Then buy one from HK, no real reason to stick to UK retailers when it'll work out costing slightly less and you can get the proper trades if you buy abroad.

A top loading AEG M1 Garand with a flush magazine is actually a pretty cool idea. Although getting it back out would prove difficult without some sort of spring loaded mechanism.

I would like the idea of an M1 Carbine AEG also, especially if I could swap it out into a para stock.

I've always been happy with ICS build quality, so this is definitely good news, especially the FNC, especially with that 3rnd burst. Garand isn't entirely my thing, but at least it'll FINALYL be a skirmishable AEG Garand for WWII skirmishers. It's interesting, and I'll love to see what they do about the mag

I've actually got no interest in WWII skirmishing myself (I can't understand choosing to wear gear that uncomfortable) but I'd love to take a Garand in to a game with me. It's just the total opposite of all the weapons I've been using so far and I like the idea a lot. No vertical grips, hell not even a pistol grip, semi only, basic sights, no fuss or extra controls just a stripped down, super basic weapon. It only takes 1 bb to kill, and variety is the spice and all that.

A top loading AEG M1 Garand with a flush magazine is actually a pretty cool idea. Although getting it back out would prove difficult without some sort of spring loaded mechanism.

As mentioned, I'm not entirely certain there'd be room for such a mechanism to work, but then it depends which kind of gearbox/internal setup they go with. ARES' M3 requires a battery in every magazine because the body of the gun is just that small, but apparently the ICS version has managed to fit in the GB and a battery compartment, so I don't think we can say anything for sure right now. Look at the RS M4s for example, that whole internal arrangement is pretty interesting.

Archived