tokyo marui m4 reinforced receiver tabs, one piece outer barrel, 6 position stock

Honzo

I'm looking to buy this TM from an online source. It's been years since I've bought an AEG since my current TMs are still holding up. I've noticed how some online retailers state that the armalite maruis have reinforced receiver tabs, one piece outer barrel and six position stock in their Gen II versions. Has anyone ever bought one of these m4s and have you noticed a big difference from the previous m4s that had barrel wobble, broken receiver tabs, etc. How do I know which one will have these features if I buy them second hand? Were these changes made post 2006 so it's safe to assume all guns bought post 2006 will have these changes? i was planning to buy a m4ris or a sr 16 thanks.

the main feature youll notice is the stock. gen 1 had the old style stock versus gen 2 have the LE stock. another way to tell is that the new barrel is a one piece barrel, not a two piece like the gen 1. another way to tell from what I remember is the pistol grip, markings on the bottom are different than the gen-1.

Archived