Top gas = green? Google surprisingly unhelpful?

Lightbulb

Thinking of getting a gas charger. Looking at one which says it will take 'top gas'. Is that basically green/stronger than green?

Yes I have searched - the search is still as useless as when I joined the forum. :)

Yes I have googled it - about a million times quicker for someone to just tell me.

Thanks!

Oh and while we are at it anyone got tips or advice on a good gas charger. This one any good:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/wii-gas-charger-p-3006.html

Top gas, from what i have seen and heard, is basically in between Green and Ultra but it is pretty much Green.

In terms of a gas charger, have yet to find or even see one that doesn't spring a leak after a short while.

'FireKnife'

"TOP" is a company name*, "top gas" is the gas they sell, it is not a gas of itself. As above TOPs gas is green gas

For carrying gas in the field, I prefer to carry a can of gas in a pouch** as the chargers like you mention have to be maintained to prevent them from leaking, where gas cans and pistol mags*** do not leak so readily.

*I don't think TOP exists anymore****

**for example, I use: http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=10248

***Exept tanaka mags, and the m500, and...and...

****Citation required

*****footnotes are fun >.<

How did I end up in this sub-forum? Click fail!

Thanks for the help all.

So general consensus you wouldn't recommend gas chargers then? Thing is, most cans of gas are pretty huge so I wanted something smaller to carry around when I use my new mk23 as a primary...

nah, dont bother with a gas charger, waste of money IMO. what i like to do it bring a little molle backpack into the field with me with all my necessities (water, gas can, bottle of BBs...) and just gas up mags, drink, reload mags in between games, its not like ur gonna gas up while under fire.

-brendan

Personally having found that whn running pistol you will only use up about 60-100 shots it isn't necessary to bring more gas.

If you have a safe place to store said gas then simply place it there (or if you arrive by your own car then in there) and refill as and when needed, just call hit or out and go reload.

And if you desreatly need a gas can pouch Ultra and most GG cans fit in a Viper P90 Double Mag pouch. ;)

'FireKnife'

It will be mostly for when I am playing something like the GZ weekender. 6+ hours out without going back to the tent.

Considering the last time i was at GZ i used a whole 2 (42 bbs) mags in a single game day says it all.

'FireKnife'

Considering the last time i was at GZ i used a whole 2 (42 bbs) mags in a single game day says it all.

'FireKnife'

When I went I got as many kills with a blank firing handgun (5) as I did with my shotgun (3) and MP5(2) combined. IN THE ENTIRE WEEKEND. I didn't fire a shot other than to shoot at people and I rarely wasted ammo when I was out of rage. Probably used 2-300 BBs in the weekend and thats including the mucking about inbetween games.

Archived