Hi

MonkeyKing

Hi

I am from Dundee and seriously want to take up airsoft.

I haven't played before so don't have the kit or the weapons. I'd really appreciate if someone could give me information on any UKARA registered sites in or near Dundee area and who I should be contacting if I want to take part and how I should go about doing that.

Thanks

cant help you on the local sites as im in Harrogate, North Yorkshire in England, but what I can tell you is to start with you are best off finding some local sites (make sure they are UKARA registered) and they should offer a rental service where you turn up and they kit you out for around £35 or so. you get a set of DPM to wear, safety glasses/face mask, weapon, ammo.

and i recommend going and renting 3 or 4 times, this way you can rent different guns and get a feel to figure out which one you like the best, no point investing £200 in an M4 if it turns out you'd be better off with a G36c or something.

for UKARA registration, you need to become a regular skirmisher, this means going to the same site 3 times in over 2 months and under a year, so go once a month for 3 months and then you can get UKARA registered and then buy your own RIF/gun (which should also give you enough time to figure out which guns suits you better).

Also whilst your on site, have a word with some of the other lads and regulars, most people they are more than happy to help you out, let you fire a few rounds from their gun on a range and give you some pointers.

hope this helps, sorry i cant help with site location.

although, try: http://uk.airsoftmap.net/Skirmish/ that website should give you a map with lots of locations in the UK, although im not 100% how well it is maintained and how often its updated but its a start??

Ignore the above post by wingers, as for factual inaccuracy it rivals the sun/daily mail.

Skirmish sites cannot be 'ukara registered' you can gain ukara membership THROUGH a site, but sites themselves aren't regulated/monitored (UKARA = United Kingdom Airsoft RETAILERS Association).

I agree with renting the first couple of times, makes sense to see if you actually enjoy airsofting, what sort of style of play you prefer (assualter, marksman, support etc) also let's you try different guns, while you may love the look of an m4/ak/g36, if its not comfortable for you its best to know before you've spent your hard earned on it.

With regards to becoming UKARA registered, its minimum of 3 times in NO LESS THAN 2 months. So 1 game a month and you're set. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE AT THE SAME SITE, however most people find it easier that way. You can keep a 'skirmish' diary which proves you are eligable for the defence under the violent crime reduction act, and I know many people that have sucessfully imported/bought guns using this method.

Hope that clears up some innaccuracies for you. Also google 'airbana', its an airsoft map thingo, might be usefull for you :)

Tink

Archived