When rednecks get tacticool.

ED-SKaR

It's the Arnie's forums. In the off-topic section. Do you expect anything else?

It is a thread on Arnies that isn't in the pictures section. It is going to go off topic.

This is how party pad threads get started. With any luck this one will hit 50+ pages and create a few new oddities in the obscenities filter.

I miss the Party Pad thread and One Line Per Post thread (which some tard on Zero In stole <_<). We should have them back.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that while the potato-digger was used by US forces in Cuba, it hadn't been formally adopted by the military, ie: they were bought by individual units, privately purchased by unit commanders, or gifted. The numbers used were so small that the US Army bought (but did not adopt) small numbers of a French machine gun when they went after Pancho Villa (and they were found to be wholly inadequete, IIRC). Hence JMB's development of the M1917 HMG after the US entered WWI.

Only two used in Cuba were privately purchased for use by the Rough Riders (they had four total, and they were only a small volunteer unit), the USMC and Navy used them extensively mounted on ships and in fixed positions, and quite effectively, but other than the two donated by Roosevelt the Army used Gatling guns until the end of the Spanish-American War. They were then used again extensively in the Phillipine-American War by all branches.

It is a thread on Arnies that isn't in the pictures section. It is going to go off topic.

I miss the Party Pad thread and One Line Per Post thread (which some tard on Zero In stole <_<). We should have them back.

'FireKnife'

Yes, because arnies is the first time the One Line Per Post game has ever been played on any forum ever... :rolleyes:

Whats all this talk of rough riders, I keep expecting to see imperial guard mounted on grox...

Yes, because arnies is the first time the One Line Per Post game has ever been played on any forum ever...

Yes but ours didn't come with a 'look at this new game i made up guys' post at the beginning.

But back to the rednecks. I think i might do a 'redneck loadout' :P 1911, jeans, black t-shirt, jean jacket or one of those lumberjack type shirts and some boots. As for magazine carry and holster, pockets and Mexican style.

'FireKnife'

Yes but ours didn't come with a 'look at this new game i made up guys' post at the beginning.

But back to the rednecks. I think i might do a 'redneck loadout' :P 1911, jeans, black t-shirt, jean jacket or one of those lumberjack type shirts and some boots. As for magazine carry and holster, pockets and Mexican style.

'FireKnife'

You forgot the high heels, suspenders... and the bra...

*Is ashamed at quoting MP*

Never be ashamed of quoting Monty Python, that got me through puberty.

What about the other 90% of Monty Python that isn't funny :P

Actually video games, mates and occasional masterbation got me through puberty i will have you know.

'FireKnife'

What about the other 90% of Monty Python that isn't funny :P

Actually video games, mates and occasional masterbation got me through puberty i will have you know.

'FireKnife'

Family Guy can get it wrong sometimes, just like the simpsons.....

I actually like most of the tv series (I even like The Meaning of Life!). Though some of it, I just like to watch and do not laugh.

Side note; didn't start masterbating till I was 21, a long time after I was having sex (It was during a slow month and so had to resort to self help technique, havn't looke dback since).

On Topic, this shot gun looks frickin' awesome y'all.

In my opinion the films were good and some of the series bits but some was just not funny at all.

Though the Americans don't get comedy unless it is in your face and too obvious. MP was like that but to English eccentric for them to understand.

'FireKnife'

90% of North American comedy is not funny

That leaves Family Guy and South Park in the 10% that is acceptable.

However Brit humour is no better, we used to have Blackadder and Fawlty Towers, now we have Lunch Monkeys and White Van Man <_<.

'FireKnife'

However Brit humour is no better, we used to have Blackadder and Fawlty Towers, now we have Lunch Monkeys and White Van Man <_<.

'FireKnife'

Don't forget Allô Allô, i keep re-watching it although i've seen the entire series a dozen of times already and of course Simon Pegg and Nick Frost movies. AND there is the old Mr Bean episodes, not these recent bullpoo he's been doing.

The Americans only have Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad and THE ALMIGHTY FUTURAMA !! All Hail Emperor Bender, Of The BlackJack and Hookers.

'FireKnife'

You mean to tell me the bloke from that god awful Two Lagers and a Packet of Crisps, is in another god awful attempt at humor? That's a shock and a half.

I liked Spaced, even if I didn't laugh (well not that much to say it was a comedy, more giggles alla Beavis and Butthead style) a lot, which brings me to my earlier point on MP. The IT Crowd was the last tv show I laughed at. Then again, I thought Garth Merengi's Drak Place was frickin brilliant, "I'm a one track lover, on a two way lane...." Matt Berry, I salute you!

I must admit the IT Crowd and some of the more modern Channel 4 stuff like Black Books are fantastic, however it seems BBC has lost a lot of its credit to making shoddy comedies about council estates and retards that aren't funny.

Not Going Out is good, but only as i like sarcastic humour and Lee Mack does it justice.

As for American shows, 30 Rock *suitcase*, TAAHM *suitcase*, Everybody Lover Raymond *suitcase*, King of Queens *suitcase*. The only live action one that is remotely funny is Mike and Molly as you get to laugh at fat stupid people, but the actual scripting is terrible.

'FireKnife'

Good brit comedy:

porrage

open all hours

billy conolly

red dwarf

bad brit comedy:

little britan

only fools and horses

alan partriage

the office

Say what you will about yankish humour, but we don't get it right all the time. I find watching monty pithon to be a horrible experience, boring and barely humorous, however many of the scripts are fantastic. I have come to the conclusion that monty python is funny but they just suck at acting, and resort to men dressing in womens underwear far to often.

resort to men dressing in womens underwear far to often.

Ah the staple of classic and modern Brit comedy :P

To add to the good comedy surely Blackadder (well 2, 3 and 4) and Father Ted but to add to the bad comedy we have Two Pints and anything Ricky Gervais has ever made.

'FireKnife'

It is, but that is satire and not sitcom.

All the other things mentioned apart from the turd that is Ricky Gervais have been sitcoms.

I prefer QI, a bit of intellectual British humour with the most hilarious innuendo without anyone saying *fruitcage*, *suitcase*, *badgeress* and *albatross* all the time like unfunny Brit and Amercan comedians.

'FireKnife'

But lets face it Stephen Fry could tell you that the world was square and you would nod sagely and accept his wisdom :P

He is one of the few people that appears on my 'would like to meet and have a decent chat with' list.

Actually i was going to say Peep Show to add to the list but it is a bit 50-50 with me, good concept and the earlier series were fun but the later ones seem to have lost some of the edge of the fresh idea it was.

'FireKnife'

Archived