Magpul Uzi

renegadecow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you need that balance of modern and classic with this. Like a 1911A1 sporting ambi safeties, extended slide stops, custom mags and grips but keeping that classic parkerised finish.

So for this i would say the fore grip needs an accompanying futuristic stock but for the love of all that is good don't make it some M4 sliding stock ######, something like a UMP / G36 style stock. However that MVG and the AFG would be a bit too far :P

'FireKnife'

OK, thanks for the inputs.

My only real concern now is with the side folding stock. The full sized Uzi has the back longer than the mini so putting a stock with an appropriate LOP will mean part of the stock blocking the trigger or grip when folded. So its 3 options as I see it: one leave it at that, two have the butt plate fold up like a SPAS or mini-14 stock, three move the pivot point closer under the receiver.

BigAl has a point, the classic uzi stock is pretty good, it follows the lines of the gun quite nicely. Perhaps if you wanted you could update it slightly with a rubber butt pad?

Are you going to put a different flash hider or optic on it?

For a side folder, I suppose it would depend on length as to wether it blocked the trigger, if you're right handed, you could make it fold to the left like an AK side folder, hopefully it shouldn't get in your way too much then. My own uzi is still in bits, waiting on a spur gear, so I can't check sizes or anything.

Archived