12ft/lbs air rifle for hunting & field targets?

Jack Death

I’m considering selling my Airsoft guns and kit since havent used them for the past 4 years to fund a proper Spring air rifle that will be up to the 12ft/lbs limit powerful enough for hunting without maiming but also could double up for field target & tunnel range target shooting. Also has to be easy to cock left handed since my right shoulder isn’t very strong after a bike accident a few years back.

People have suguested the Air Arms TX200 OR the Weihrauch HW97 both of which are rather pricey 2nd hand let alone new.

Any ideas?

true, but are recoilless, hence more accurate.

tx200 would be good for FT though, as they weigh a metric ton, so will be more stable with recoil. honestly though, i dont really know much about FT. its more about hunting for me.

as you say, prices are silly nowadays. looked at picking up a tx200hc up myself for when the shotgun isnt an option, but they are hellish expensive compared to the last time i looked (admittedly a good few years ago).

If you intend to enter any HFT competitions i would highly recomend you go down the single shot .177 PCP route. I moved from Hunting and HFT (intentions) to airsoft. I started out with AA TX200HC which I mainly used for hunting but I also wanted to get into HFT. Problem I found was that most of the local clubs didn't have a springer league at the time or if they did there was very little interest and participants. I sold the TX and brought a Falcon that turned out to be a lemon. I saved a bit and brought a Logan Domin8or but turns out that multishot PCP's are more of a lepar than springers on the HFT leagues. For hunting you cant beat the TX200HC if you want a springer, but if you want to get into HFT seriously then something like an Air Arms S400 (unless things have changed considerably in the last 3 years) would be your best bet just get a stirup pump (hard work but cheaper thana divers rig to start. If you are after a cheaper springer for hunting then the HW95K takes some beating IMO it's a break Barrel but it's a very nice shooter I had one for pest control before I quit for airsoft and in stock form it was almost bullet proof and dealy accurate.

Archived