ATACS Picture thread

Here are a few pics from last weekend after we finished playing.  In case you haven't noticed, I'm that guy who likes having his picture taken in full gear.  Must be the Italian side...

Pose_zps796f2292.jpg

A-TACSDMR_zps88930fb2.jpg

A-TACSDMR2_zpsaadeb7fc.jpeg

Back_zpsd590fc5a.jpeg

FolgoreDMR_zps2b6c91ae.jpeg

Upclose_zpsd794fb40.jpeg

I was made an honorary member of Killing Angels Airsoft team for the day as we're all big fans of MilSim and A-TACS.

KillingAngels_zps1a0c27a2.jpeg

A big thank you to Janus Saint of KAA (far left) for taking the pictures.  They came out brilliantly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Kit list please Bucko if you wouldn't mind :)

Assume all gear is A-TACS unless otherwise noted.  Let's see here...

Headgear:

- TMC Crye Airframe replica

- FMA Norotos shroud in FG

- Custom reflective call sign patch

- US Flag patch in Coyote

- Emerson V-Lite (on rear of helmet)

- Z-Tactical Peltor Comtac II replicas

- Smith Optics Elite Boogie Regulator goggle

First line:

- Condor battle belt (not a huge fan of it, but it gets the job done for now)

- Ares Armor admin pouch

- Condor molle mounted dump pouch

- Condor GP pouch used for medical supplies

- ITW Fast Mag (real one.  GBBR mags are too heavy for the replicas IMO)

- Drop leg attachments for Serpa holster and HSGI leg rig (I can carry 2x Thunder B grenades or 4x AR mags on my leg rig)

Second line:

- Tactical Assault Gear "Plate Carrier"

- Tactical Assault Gear 100oz hydration carrier

- Condor double 5.56 magazine pouch

- Condor bungee 5.56 magazine pouch

- Condor radio pouch in Coyote

- Condor double pistol magazine pouch

- Z-Tactical Peltor PTT replica

Soft goods:

- Emerson Gen 2 combat pants

- Tru-spec combat shirt (OD)

- Oakley SI Assault Gloves (OD) 

- 5.11 8" ATAC boot

I think that's it...  I could've sworn I wore more gear haha...  I guess this was supposed to be a fast-and-light assaulter's kit for the day.

Fullbodyshot_zps7ee9be9e.jpg

No actual military units use ATACS in any capacity. There's been a couple of pics of Aussie SOTG running the occasional pack or cap. That's about it. I have a vague recollection of seeing a pic of USSF guy in a full FG BDU; he's wearing the normal second line and stood next to a chap in full MC, however I can't find this pic again to post (or might have simply dreamt it, either's possible!) so I wouldn't go with it as a great example.

A couple of LE groups have been pictured in it. The Polish armed police come to mind (worn with black gear).

It's lack of use with actual Mil./LE units is why it's often referred to as an 'airsoft' camo.

I'm pretty sure it's because everyone is so invested in Multicam... Still, I've gotta admit, MC is a little better for Arid AND Green areas, whereas ATACS is awesome in one or the other but not as useful in both. I much prefer ATACS, but I see the need for a jack of all trades camo over a few different masters of one.

Anybody know where to get a A-TACS FG hydration pouch that will take a bladder and tube, I saw a pic somewhere of a more smaller square type setup, dont want the long type as I will be running a JPC so I want something that will fit in the area of the back panel. Just can't seem to find the photo of it again.

Anybody know where to get a A-TACS FG hydration pouch that will take a bladder and tube, I saw a pic somewhere of a more smaller square type setup, dont want the long type as I will be running a JPC so I want something that will fit in the area of the back panel. Just can't seem to find the photo of it again.

Warrior Assault Systems do one, you can find it on UK Tactical