CZ Picture Thread

20170426-184009.jpg

Ares VZ58... a "training AEG" I've built for real steel courses I take around Europe (Slovakia and Czech Republic) so that I have an Airsoft replica to play around here that's exactly the same as what I use when I'm over there. 

rs HTR compensator 

rs Baklitehandguard

rs gas tube with Bakelite cover 

rs Bakelite stock

rs GunExpert / EvoArms optic mount (requires 3D printed parts inside the mount to work with the AEG) 

Edited by blobface
  • Like 9
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Detonator CZ P-09 kit for KJW.   The much underrated KJW CZ P-09 now has a nice CNC Aluminium kit from Detonator that includes slide, barrel, fake firing-pin and functioning dummy extractor. A seri

Ares VZ58... a "training AEG" I've built for real steel courses I take around Europe (Slovakia and Czech Republic) so that I have an Airsoft replica to play around here that's exactly the same as what

KSC version with Spear Arms silencer and pistol grip

Posted Images

20170426-184009.jpg

Ares VZ58... a "training AEG" I've built for real steel courses I take around Europe (Slovakia and Czech Republic) so that I have an Airsoft replica to play around here that's exactly the same as what I use when I'm over there. 

rs HTR compensator 

rs Baklitehandguard

rs gas tube with Bakelite cover 

rs Bakelite stock

rs GunExpert / EvoArms optic mount (requires 3D printed parts inside the mount to work with the AEG) 

I was going to build almost an identical blaster :D i love my compact. was it hard to get the wood on?

There are things you can do to keep the ARES gearboxes in good shape. They are a little more brittle than any other stock gearboxes, but not much more so. Usually radiusing the front corners of the cylinder window and adding a shock absorber between the cylinder head and piston head will do it. If I didn't respect RC so much, I'd own one of them, though I don't know much about the limitations of their fet switches.

Though, if I end up with a real one, I'll buy an airsoft one. Still deciding if I want a VZ58 or to build an AR15. My state has restrictive laws about owning semi auto rifles. Pretty much limited to anything that can be fed with clips.

Blobface, why did you decide to use the same optics mount as your RS rifle? There is a similar option available for the Ares VZ58, no custom parts required.

Edited by Horsem4n

There are things you can do to keep the ARES gearboxes in good shape. They are a little more brittle than any other stock gearboxes, but not much more so. Usually radiusing the front corners of the cylinder window and adding a shock absorber between the cylinder head and piston head will do it. If I didn't respect RC so much, I'd own one of them, though I don't know much about the limitations of their fet switches.

Though, if I end up with a real one, I'll buy an airsoft one. Still deciding if I want a VZ58 or to build an AR15. My state has restrictive laws about owning semi auto rifles. Pretty much limited to anything that can be fed with clips.

Blobface, why did you decide to use the same optics mount as your RS rifle? There is a similar option available for the Ares VZ58, no custom parts required.

the railed reciever from ARES is super rare. When we called them to order them for the shop even the ARES sales rep didnt know wtf we were talking about XD

I actually had the mount you mentioned for a while, but the way the shooting courses work is we just hire the bare bone VZ58, and we're allowed to install anything not intrusive to them, so the comp and the sight mount would be something we bring over ourselves, so since I have to buy the real steel mount and comp anyway for rs use, might as well make them work with the AEG, the airsoft mount I have I'm looking to sell off now.

On top of all those reasons above, there's always the real steel brownie points B) . 

Edited by blobface

This might seem massively random, but for the 5 people who are curious about the VZ58 "grey", it's tricky to match from photo because depending on lighting condition it can look black or mid grey, but I have worked out exactly what the paint colour is thanks to some of the real steel furniture coming with steel parts that are in that colour. 

20170502-184004.jpg

On the left, it's the original Ares gas tube cover retainer which I've sprayed (which I no longer use as the real stee piece fit). 

On the right it is a real steel handguard bracket for the Bakelite handguard to better grip the wood and seat it on the pin. 

You can tell both the reflectivity and the colour are identical, even viewing it in different lighting condition it's very hard to tell the difference.  

The paint I used is a synthetic enamel spray paint in semi-gloss, RAL 7021. Will be painting the gun's body and barrel this colour to suit :)

Edited by blobface
  • Like 1

I think fosco wh panzer grau is pretty close. Especially with some clearcoat over it.

Heres my KWA Vz61 with real grip and stock. The receiver is plastic and painted with the fosco paint, some weathering with dry chrome paint and a glossy clear coat. I think it matches the stocks original paint pretty well.

Full_Size_Render_8.jpg

Edited by GRIM!
  • Like 1

Nice! I had some panzer grau before I had the ral 7021 mixed, but it was too light for me when viewing with naked eye, probably also because the panzer grau I had only came in matte, which makes everything look a little lighter. Panzer grau is RAL 7016, where as I went with 7021, they are very similar on the chart, with the 7021 just a tiny bit darker. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe I'm a bit late to the VZ.58 party, but I fancy one of the short CQB ones and I'm looking for some stock performance (OOTB) reviews or if getting to the hop chamber to change buckin/barrel is easy as in an AK (E&L)

Do you recommend the short version even for outdoors? I mean, 40m to 45m human size accuracy

Thanks

Maybe I'm a bit late to the VZ.58 party, but I fancy one of the short CQB ones and I'm looking for some stock performance (OOTB) reviews or if getting to the hop chamber to change buckin/barrel is easy as in an AK (E&L)

Do you recommend the short version even for outdoors? I mean, 40m to 45m human size accuracy

Thanks

I've built MP5ks with 110mm inner barrels that can manage 40m minute-of-torso accuracy at 1.2J.

It should be fine.

The ARES integral mosfets are a bit hit and miss. I've seen some conk out and burn up with stock internals and standard buffer tube 7.4v and 11.1v lipos.

On the other hand, I've also seen someone running a DSG set up with one and not have any issues.

And yes, before the comments, this is with the newer 'blue' and 'red' mosfet units.

The ARES integral mosfets are a bit hit and miss. I've seen some conk out and burn up with stock internals and standard buffer tube 7.4v and 11.1v lipos.

On the other hand, I've also seen someone running a DSG set up with one and not have any issues.

And yes, before the comments, this is with the newer 'blue' and 'red' mosfet units.

Oh my! that's a real bummer, to be honest, after some experiences with ASCUs, I am abit concerned with reliability, are these new units bad?

Oh my! that's a real bummer, to be honest, after some experiences with ASCUs, I am abit concerned with reliability, are these new units bad?

I have seen 4 of the 'blue' units fail, and 1 of the 'red' units.

That being said, the 'red' unit only came out a month or so before I left HK. The bigger issue is that you can't switch the gearbox out for different shell which takes standard switches.