Replica guns to be banned [sales/import]

oikoik

But wouldn't RGO theory mean UK suppilers can charge what they want for things? That means we could see AD charge £200 for handguns and stuff. And since they would have 9 other stores, competition can't really do much.

I should hope that they'd see that it's a symbiotic relationship. If the shop shut we're stuffed. If we don't buy then the shop is stuffed.

The state of airsoft in the UK right now is that retailers are undercuting each other by 4p as a "joke" so they're already p1ssing in the same pot, as it were.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully, the VCR bill goes into the "circular file" with strong oppossion...

Why is the IQ-loss so drastic in legislators???  <_<

.50cal BMG is banned in California when there is not one illicit offense associated with them...  :angry:

It's because Arnold is pro-gun control and not enough people opposed him on the issue. Gun owners were unsure as to what Arnold's official stand was until he pulled this crapola and stated that he would like to sign into law an even more restrictive assault weapons ban.

No offense to Rhino here on the boards, but Republican gun owners now refer to Arnold as a RINO, republican in name only. Ironic for someone who made his fortune blowing people away on the big screen.

It's because Arnold is pro-gun control and not enough people opposed him on the issue.

sounds familiar, so how do we oppose our government? or more to the point show the UK that this isn't fair, and the powers that be are using pubic fear to out law something we adore.

I suggest we try to get at least 1 or more people in the public gallery for these sessions and then we can get almopst instant info of what has happened and i don't know whether the public gallery get to make noise when they don't think something is a good idea like the oposition on the floor do. but it would still be a good idea especially if they are wearing one of the Save airsoft T-Shirts that are available >>>>>HERE<<<<< In fact get as many people as possible to wear those T-Shirts and also to put up plenty of the posters that can be found >>>>>HERE<<<<<

.... and how will you make the government care, by pulling together with other shooting groups... its NOT just about airsoft, this is just the thin end of the wedge for all shooting activities.. if arnie would please allow this link http://www.petitiononline.com/cb112233/petition.html you CAN help fight this bill... I KNOW you have probably signed an airsoft petition but very few airsofters have signed this one that represents the whole shooting community, I am working hard with various groups to promote this petition and then fight.. the government WILL listen if we are strong in number.

How many readings are there?

Three, plus the Lords.

Here are the usual stages in enacting new legislation:

Government Legislation

Preparatory Stages

Draft Bills

First Reading

Second Reading (Money Resolutions and Ways and Means Resolutions)

Committee Stage

Report Stage

Third Reading

Lords Stages and Amendments

Royal Assent

Generally, after a third reading, the Lords will add their bits to it, it'll bounce back and forth maybe twice to and from the Commons and Lords, and then to HM The Queen for Royal Assent.

We need to get out bits into this FAST, before it gets to a Third reading, or we've naff all chance of defeating or changing this ill-thought-out bill.

Archived