Ground Zero weekender 2011

joshcowin

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been reading the comments and i have not experianced any of this, i have been going for 5 years and this was the best one so far for us, hit taking was an improvement on last year but the others suffered through poor leadership (but not the worst ) but the guy had never ran a team before but god we missed woody and even jesus were a thousand times better than any of the other commanders.

curlyboy

Frankly I thought it was a total waste of money. The amount you get for the cost of a ticket is absolutely pathetic, for £15 more I can get a ticket for Berget and have a vastly better experience. The sportsmanship was horrendous, people shooting into the safe zone, camping respawn zones, practically starting fights and yet again I didn't see a single chrono all weekend. Not to mention the massive amounts of people blatantly ignoring hits on all sides. It was just a mess and came across as a 'pack as many players into the game area as possible and enjoy the profits rolling in' sort of deal. Won't be coming back in the foreseeable future.

I am Still relatively new to airsoft and if i hadnt gone with a great bunch of lads, the whole event would have made me think twice about continuing airsoft.

Yes there were problems with all sides, as you can expect, but people bringing issues into the safe zone was not acceptable. The more i think about it the less i want to even entertain going to GZ ever again.

I'll probably go next year, but only because it's kinda like a "focal point" for friends that have moved away to do other things in life.

That really is the only reason I went this year. For next year, I am starting early trying to convince them all the Czech Republic really isn't that far away for an airsoft game.

• 2 weeks later...

Its not often i post on here (i usually haunt the Z1 forum & my local sites forum) but i have to agree with a lot of the posts on here regarding the attitude and mentality that haunts the weekender.

This year was only my second NAE and tbh i think it will be my last. If i handnt been there with the rest of OP-TAC and 'The Cartel' i doubt i would have enjoyed even half as much of the weekend.

There was such an 'us & them' mentality, combined with snotty know it all 2IC's (on bravo team) that it took a lot of the fun out of it for me. dont get me wrong i play hard and play to win but the prevailing attitude of some people was very off putting.

that along with a few cases of non hit taking. very foul language (well beyond banter) & OTT use of the trigger up close and on deadmen with their hands up was not on to say the least.

Archived