Ground Zero weekender 2011

joshcowin

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly when i move down south, depends if it clashes with other events.

However if i go i will spend most of the time ambushing enemy players like i did the last time i was there, never bothered with the objectives as they got too boring too quickly.

In fact, to anyone on here that wants to go from the Bristol or nearby area give us a shout as i have a car with 3 empty seats and enough room for kit and tent in the boot.

'FireKnife'

Hopefully they will be better organised this year. Just think a typical Sunday skirmish but alot more people and a large party in the middle. You can really play it how you want and if you want to get the most out of it, you really do have to put in the effort to tease out the objectives from your 'commander' otherwise you will be left to your own devices and it's nowhere near as fun.

Last year was a bit of a mess with regards to organisation and I understand sorting out airsofters is like herding cats but it was quite bad at one point. It's just a handy way to catch up with mates for me and play a game that isn't very serious. It's not all doom and gloom though. Run with a decent bunch of lads and you will have a blast.

I plan to take a very sort of 'what the hell, why not' approach to this and make it more a weekend of humourus antics and general fooling about trying new techniques. As this isn't milsim or anything period rather just a big bash and game then i will just be around doing stealthy stuff, taking pictures or having pictures taken of stupid things and generally meet any members on here that are in attendance.

'FireKnife'

It's kind of like a fun camping trip where everyone likes guns. There is also some airsoft to play I guess, which is fun as long as you stay away from the self important tossers who make up Delta. Like everyone else has said the game breifing gets shouted at you for a bit and dissolves completely ten minutes after it starts. Just go find a fun place or firefight and get tangled up in it, that's the best way to go about it. If you don't care whether your team wins or not you'll have many orders of magnitude more fun.

I mainly enjoy drinking far too much and trolling srsbsns milsimmers in the camp area with my RTTCQB man tshirts and mirrored aviators.

Think we should have a location to drag all the Arnies members for a meet up and a laugh, maybe see if we can teach the GZ boys at how wrong some of them are for assuming the M4 with whizzbang RIS and extras is better than a good old sneaky tactic. That and put names to the many internet profiles we know on here.

'FireKnife'

Probably not as I gave up on GZ after the stupidly high amount of cheating last time I went in 2008. The final straw for me was the little *suitcase* who, after ignoring a 10 yard shot to the chest from a 8mm ACM M500, decided to start bitching about the follow up shot being aimed at his head. Basicly I got the impression that sunday is looked at as a day to ignore hits so I'll keep my money for other stuff

All booked up here.

Last year was my first and I had a blast watching the sheer confusion on the delta's faces as they fell like flies trying to take heartbreak ridge.

Turns out CADPAT, a well-tuned VSR and an overwatch position from the ferns and you can hold them off indefinitely. (or until they start cheating)

I'd be up for a little meet up with a few bevvies if everyone else is game. I've only met a scant handful of arnies forum members so far.

Well i was going to think of taking and setting up a sort of 'rally point' for us in the car park, a chance to catch up with other members, maybe a bit of a username on a sticker kind of thing just to meet and greet, however as it is Zeroin's playground it might bring more trouble than it is worth.

However i am always up for a (non-alcoholic) beer :P

Plus i am not hard to spot in my camo and pistol only insane-ness.

'FireKnife'

Ah well, when i am down there it will just be pure insanity that everyone will remember me, good or bad :P

Anyway, will get GZ booked as soon as i am down south again. Still lifts are available from Bristol area, just want to be in the area before i book.

'FireKnife'

you can hold them off indefinitely. (or until they start cheating)

So you mean like... ten minutes?

I spend my time on zeroin making fun of every regular poster for being insufferable morons, so I'm tempted to get a patch or something with my username on and see if anyone tries to have an argument :V

Archived