Ground Zero weekender 2011

joshcowin

Forti, I doubt it as there'll be no keyboard to hide behind

Ah well. Just in case, I hereby invite any zeroin apologist to come argue with me about why their way of airsoft isn't the best ever at the weekender.

You may know me as superprooperator :V

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I personally think RIFs should be chrono'd on registration. It would take a bit longer but if registration was set up on time this year it would all be sorted alot quicker anyway.

As opposed to what exactly? Don't tell me they chrono 1500 guns before every game.

My first time this year, I hope all the critisms I have been hearing don't add up to a *suitcase* weekend. Here's hoping that 'unprofessional' and 'disorganised' just means fun.

As opposed to what exactly? Don't tell me they chrono 1500 guns before every game.

It's only one game at GZ, for the entire day.

Saying that, in three years of playing at GZ Woodland (not Weekenders), i've never had a gun chronoed before...

how? I mean every site I have been to enforces a full chrono.

I have no idea. I've played there a good 30 odd times now, and I have only ever seen a chronograph used once at GZ, and that was to test one gun that people were saying was firing too hot...

Completely agree on the chrono point (even though it'd be impossible to enforce) - though I don't remember ever coming up against anything noticeably hot.

And like any event its got its good sides and bad. At times its less organised and worse run than a monkey *suitcase* fight with some of the dumbest crew decisions in the history of man. But then having said that, some of my favourite moments in airsoft have been at the GZ weekender.

Ultimately though with such a large ratio of players to crew - surely its the attitude and conduct of the players that make the event a success/ failure (delete as you see appropriate wink.gif)

how would it be impossible?

I can only imagine just how long it would take to chrono 1500 people, most of whom are carrying two guns!

With crowds that big, it would be quite easy for players with hot guns to slip past any chrono stations set up.

Like I said, the admin staff could chrono your guns whilst you are filling on the forms at the desk and it would just takes a couple more people to do that and little time lost as you'd be filling in the forms anyway.

A suggestion for anyone going in a decent-sized group would be to hire a team toilet. It's a godsend.

You going to Chrono all 5 of my guns? I couldn't carry all of them to the station to be honest.

That would be your problem, not the site's.

The lack of chrono is one of a list of reasons not to attend the weekender. Every skirmish site has a ratio of bad eggs, extrapolate that up to 1500, throw in slabs of beer and see how many you have then.

You you going to Chrono all 5 of my guns? I couldn't carry all of them to the station to be honest. .

Why not? I take all of my guns to be chrono'd whenever I attend a site, that includes a voluntary one at the weekender itself over at the range.

Why not? I take all of my guns to be chrono'd whenever I attend a site, that includes a voluntary one at the weekender itself over at the range.

I personally always ask for a chrono.

1: I know that my guns are shooting between 220 and 280 fps depending on bb and gas type but i want to show that to other doubters.

2: It lets me know what fps i am putting out on the day and how my gas is holding up in the weather.

3: It lets me know that the site has a chrono and that if i wish to check someones gun then they will have the equipment to do so.

'FireKnife'

The question is why don't they?

Maybe because 1500 people each with, lets say 2.5 guns is 3750 tests. Now that's loading the mag (because they need to be sure they are 0.2's else its pointless). So lets say 20 seconds to load, 10 seconds to test. 31.25 man hours of testing. They had about 6 people doing registrations last year.

Lets assume they have 10 chrono's - that's ~3 hours of chronoing. Each day.

Also it would be TRIVIAL to slip a gun through the net.

Just doesn't see practical...

In such a large event I don't think its practical to chrono everything.

I personally know my guns are legal so its not really as issue for me...

I personally know my guns are legal so its not really as issue for me...

Do the other 1499 players though?

At the end of the day while it isn't a good thing i think that what they should do is at least either get people to send a pic of a chrono and the gun (which i know lets people have time to change springs but they can do that on the day too) or at least ring up a 50 man team to pitch in and do the chrono and give them a £5 and a burger each, will get it done in all of an hour tops.

It can be done but as, from what i have heard, the organizaion at GZ is as effective as a pacifist trying to organize a battle plan i doubt anything will happen.

At the end of the day if i go i will just ignore and steer clear of the arrogant players that are most likely to bring in that hot gun to the site.

'FireKnife'

Well maybe we are talking at crossed purposes. It could be done but I doubt they can be bothered.

But I stand by the point that even with blanket testing its still easy to get around. People are back and forward from the camping all day. Would be so easy to get around.

Don't met any of this put anyone off. I bad no problems with anything last year and am looking forward to this years weekend.

I am looking forward to it, but more to meet Arnies members that i talk to (hurl sexual insults and inneundo at) and get a chance to laugh at some of the uptight geardos and idiotic players that appear at the site.

Plus it gives me a chance to try out some new loadouts, like my Swiss 60-70's, my Black Ops Urban and my Vietnam setup.

'FireKnife'

Well like i say anyone on here is welcome to come along and have a chat with us about anything really. Or even to help me set up on of my ambushes or runs, hoping to make a hell of an ambush at the Weekender, see how many enemies we can get out.

Humm, not a big coffee fan, though a soft drink might work ;)

'FireKnife'

I still can't decide whether to go or not, I was going to but recent conduct of some people from zeroin leads me to think avoidance is the best policy.

Then go and hang around with the Arnies memebers there, we will be doing or best to pick out and avoid the usual idiots that appear at these things and generally have a good time.

'FireKnife'

Archived