RealSword M16/M4 GBB/AEG

SlickAxe

Yes i know, many of you will think: "yippie, yet another armalite version"...

However this time RealSword will make an M16/M4 version based on a new T5 gearbox with a GBB and a AEG version.

Check all the details here: http://www.nlairsoft.com/en/news/64-manufacturers/1917-realsword-m16m4-aeggbb-confirmed

(maybe something for in the news section)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the information mate! unfortunatly RS hasnt released anything which wasnt already known :( and we wont probably know the important facts until it is released and someone buys one as guinney pig :(

Couldnt they at least tell us which kind of mags will the AEG use? lazy (censored)s :lol:

Magazine sizes for the AEG sound pretty standard.

Looking forward to finding out which kind of outer barrels these will use, as well as the types of thread spec for the barrel nut and the buffer tube. They've put a standard 14mm- on the end of the barrel so they might've gone with the normal TM specs, but then again they may well have gone the whole hog and made it all RS compatible.

We will update the article soon with more info.

We are also looking for retail prices, release detes etc...

Stay tuned...

That would be nice, but please, torture them more and get some info like inner barrel and hop bucking compatibility :lol:

Those pictures have been about for a while, saw them a couple of weeks ago.

How and where these supposed electromagnets/solenoids are I'm really not sure, but we haven't seen inside the buffer tube yet so there might be something there. The redwolf video does state that there's still a motor in the pistol grip which I can only presume drives the gear you can see in the trigger mech area, but then I don't see any teeth underneath the bolt carrier for it to engage with so who knows.

They mention it has to do with electromagnetics. so im assuming maybe the gear you see in the lower, sling shots a type of piston backward into the buffer tube, and then with the ease of magnetics, the spring in the buffer tube slingshots it back into the chamber propelling a round. Just a guess, who knows.

I had heard an estimated MSRP of around $600-700.

Where from??

Thats... acceptable unsure.gif

EDIT: I was thinking... is it possible that the gun uses PTW compatible mags?

From what I saw in the redwolf video, I'd say no. Plus I don't think PTW mags are much like the GBBr/TM EBB style mags that you'd need to use to activate the bolt lock in these guns.

Yes, the army clone was... dissapointing, a pity, but I sincerely think that if a gun wants to become standard, it must be cloned succesfully at an affordable price.

Even so; i wouldnt pay 500$ for a clone, given the original can be in the 600-700 bucks range as I think a clone must be upgraded to match the original in some degree and still be cheaper, if not, theres no real reason to buy the clone instead the original.

Here's to hoping it will be upgradeable/downgradable, otherwise it will just fall flat on its face.

RealSword does not need upgrade. The only upgrades that may (or may not, as that is usually the case) be needed will be a battery, and maybe a softer hop-up bucking/nub if one downgrades the fps.

Archived