What is "the" gun?

USNAVYSEAL

Hey everyone, just wondering, what gun should i get? i have about a $300 budget and I wanted a gun thats a mix between a good sniper rifle and decent range assualt (full auto) ive ruled out bolt action but now ive just about given up on trying to find one... some tempting one's ive seen would be the BAR, AGM M-14, and a few G-36 type weapons... im also not interested in M-16's/ M-4's or any gun with an abnormally long clip (as i want to snipe too).

I know im picky :P , but any help would be REALLLY helpful,

Thanks a lot guys :)

Hey everyone, just wondering, what gun should i get? i have about a $300 budget and I wanted a gun thats a mix between a good sniper rifle and decent range assualt (full auto) ive ruled out bolt action but now ive just about given up on trying to find one... some tempting one's ive seen would be the BAR, AGM M-14, and a few G-36 type weapons... im also not interested in M-16's/ M-4's or any gun with an abnormally long clip (as i want to snipe too).

I know im picky :P , but any help would be REALLLY helpful,

Thanks a lot guys :)

You probably want to look into a DMR (designated marksman rifle).

Unfortunately, a good one will often cost you a bit more than your budget, including upgrades which you will either have to install yourself or pay someone to do, and you won't be able to "snipe" with it like a true airsoft sniper rifle. Most fields will also restrict you to semi if your FPS is over a certain limit.

I know you said no M4s, but for now your best bets would be to either get a typical assault carbine like an M4, AK74u, or other short gun, or if you're dead set on range, a slightly larger/longer-barreled weapon like an M16, G3, AK47/AKM/AK74, or a full size G36 with some accuracy upgrades. If you would like decent range but compactness and maneuverability, you may want to look into an M4/small weapon variant if it comes factory stock with a tightbore. Look for something with a decent barrel diameter (say, 6.03 mm) if you want reasonable accuracy out of the box - the Dboys M4 CQBR is a good example of this, it's cheaper, has a metal body, and has better accuracy out of the box than my $280 VFC which is "higher" quality. Also, don't worry about mag length on an AR-15 platform...you can get those Vietnam-style stubby magazines. I personally own three which, ironically, hold more than any of my full length ones.

what am best gnu?

as said, for your budget, get a cyma m14...

Honestly, I think it sounds like he wants unparalleled flexibility, which an M14 cannot deliver on. He probably doesn't even understand what DMing in airsoft is like and that if he's only got one gun, for now he's going to be stuck with that weapon and playstyle everywhere he goes. Long-range stuff like that isn't everyone's cup of tea. He may get discouraged if he doesn't like it, without having ever tried something else.

He really needs a different platform to start with. With a DMR/sniping M14 he'll be stuck with something that's not really efficient for normal riflemen due to size and weight, horrible for CQB, and he'll have a crappy *albatross* starting gun when he could've gone with something more flexible that isn't four and a half feet long in the likely case he decides he doesn't want to DM. I've owned a CYMA M14 and unless he knows he wants to DM, which many newbs wouldn't, he's going to get stuck with a really, really bad choice.

OP, I would advise you attempt to start like most in a rifleman role and branch out later when you've had your fill of that. DMing and sniping in airsoft is really not all you probably think it is!

You probably want to look into a DMR (designated marksman rifle).

Unfortunately, a good one will often cost you a bit more than your budget, including upgrades which you will either have to install yourself or pay someone to do, and you won't be able to "snipe" with it like a true airsoft sniper rifle. Most fields will also restrict you to semi if your FPS is over a certain limit.

I know you said no M4s, but for now your best bets would be to either get a typical assault carbine like an M4, AK74u, or other short gun, or if you're dead set on range, a slightly larger/longer-barreled weapon like an M16, G3, AK47/AKM/AK74, or a full size G36 with some accuracy upgrades. If you would like decent range but compactness and maneuverability, you may want to look into an M4/small weapon variant if it comes factory stock with a tightbore. Look for something with a decent barrel diameter (say, 6.03 mm) if you want reasonable accuracy out of the box - the Dboys M4 CQBR is a good example of this, it's cheaper, has a metal body, and has better accuracy out of the box than my $280 VFC which is "higher" quality. Also, don't worry about mag length on an AR-15 platform...you can get those Vietnam-style stubby magazines. I personally own three which, ironically, hold more than any of my full length ones.

Hey mate, thanks a lot for your help. And although i was reluctant I have veered back into M-4/M-16 type weapons, but I also noticed the G-36. I like all the variants (G-36-G36c) and i did notice you suggested a "full size G-36". That would be the longer variant right? (not the G-36C?)

Thanks again!

1st - get the plataform you like best.

2nd - play with it in it's stock form until you get used to it.

3rd - Only then start upgrading it in the areas you feel it could be better (range, accuracy, consistency, etc).

I started airsoft with a CA Sa58 OSW....i upgraded it like theres no tomorrow, even before my first game.

Guess what? I didnt like it at all.....i sold it a few months later

At least i found my place as a support gunner, wich i think its much more fun. :D

I know you dont want an AR platform, but those are the most flexible ones for your requirements, ics brand, to be exact.

- Modular gearbox lets you change power for different roles in less than a minute

- Modular gearbox lets you work and upgrade it much easier than regular AEGs

- Sport lines are into your price range

- you can change uppers like the real ARs if you need it

- Hop up chamber is better than regular M4 one

- If you want to snipe and need a short mag, get 20rds sized ones

- Its reliable, the sportline is sturdy and light, quite important features for a sniper IMHO

Not a fan myself of the AR platform, but I cant deny its virtues and the fact it suits almost all your requirements for an "assault and sniping platform" :)

What about the specter modular AR thingy. You can buy one lower and two uppers(one longer on for the DM stuff you want to and a shorter one for CQB) I think that will be around your budget.

whats that? blink.gif

EDIT: Ok, its a regular back wired M4... very clever from them[/sarcasm] you can do it with any backwired M4 AEG and would be stuck with the same power, looks like it doesnt even have quick spring change... I call it a fail and not a scam, but I dont know why....dry.gif

I own one of the Spectre Modular rifles and if I'm honest it is actually a VERY good system. They are extremely solid, came in at about 340 out of the box (settled down now to about 320 after many rounds) and the CQB barrel that I bought for mine is actually incredibly rangy and accurate. The only mods I did to mine was a Madbull blue hop rubber and some PTFE wrapped around the hop and barrel. The gearbox is already loaded with upgraded parts like bearing piston head/spring guide, sector gear chip etc. I'll admit though, the whole modular part of it is more of a gimmick than anything else. However it's nice to know that should you want to change uppers/lowers it's going to cost less than buying a whole other M4 just to get the parts you want.

My 2p on that.

For a starter rifle though I personally reckon the G36 is an excellent choice. Good size hi caps (if that's your thing), very good hop unit, comfortable and uses the indestructible V3 gearbox.

Archived