Hi Mods/Admin et al

Just an idea

How about an area where people can have a thread for their own feedback. ie "Ratboys feedback page" so whoever buys/sells/deals with named person could post in that thread their feedback. I know there is a similar thing running but that seems limited to sellers.

Another forum I am a member of used this system before they installed an online feedback/dealer dohicky.

just an idea as i would personally like to let sellers know im no scam artist and similarly to those who may buy from me.

I have to agree - I've never once looked through the good or bad sellers list due to the sheer length of it.

I'm not sure an individual thread for each person would really work, but howabout a moderated list? Like, a stickied thread with a list of good sellers. You could get yourself added to the list after say, 3 good sales. That way, anyone wanting to know if you're a good trader or not can have a quick look through a list of usernames, could that work?

Both are good ideas. Hwagen's would be more practical though, as a section with 30k+ members with a thread for each would be unusable. The main issue with it is that it would require a dedicated moderator with that a specific duty. Obviously it's not going to be a popular role, so we'd have consider who was appropriate.

I wasn't necessarily thinking of one thread per user, only those who use classifieds regularly or have the required number of post counts, or maybe it could be a "paid for" privilege?

I could pm you the link to the other forum so you can see their set up to give an indication as to how they had it running? (not saying copy them directly just have it as a reference point) let me know if you want the link and I'll whack it through.

I have always encouraged people to use the Good Traders/Sellers thread as a place to post good feedback even for buyers and the nice thing is that you don't have to read through the entire thread; you can just search the thread for a specific user name and it'll pull up any posts other people have made about them.

Having a moderated list would be nice but incredibly time consuming. If there is a threshold for members to reach we would also have to separately keep track of members until they reached that threshold. And doing that for 50000 members would be incredibly overwhelming.

We operate on a thread per user basis, it wouldn't be a storage hog either, likely 1 or 2 posts every now and agan from average users, balance it by teaming old cack from limbo, dead 0 post accounts and unused site/team etc :)

let the sales mods look after it, users will police their own posts and report untoward input for their own reputation, it'll run itself pretty much.

Would it be possible to have a extra warn status bar that everyone can see? The "Feedback mod" can alter the warn status for every justified negative feedback. positive feedbacks decrease the warning level (or perhaps the reverse?)

Alternatively, once a feedback thread is started up, the target of the feedback includes the link big and visible in their sigs and perhaps in the opening post of their sales thread.

Arnies has just under 56,500 members and hundreds of transactions completed each week. Considering that moderators are not paid and perform their duties in their spare time, all of the suggestions seem a tad unreasonable considering how time-consuming they would be.

As crackisbad pointed out, there is a thread already available for member feedback and the complaint of it being 'too big' is negated by the search system. Alternatives to it seem overly demanding and time-consuming.