TM Beretta Px4 Storm vs Real Steel Px4

Got my new TM Px4 Storm in and I'm pretty impressed.

IMG_6695.jpg

As I have a real Px4 Storm (Type F - 9mm) I was able to compare them side by side.

Which one's real?

IMG_6696.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

Upon closer inspection, the differences are quite glaring:

Real Steel:

IMG_6703.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

Airsoft:

IMG_6707.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

The Beretta logo is similar to the real one, but slightly different. The TM Px4 says "Px4 Custom" instead of "Px4 Storm". Also - instead of the Beretta label on the left side of the slide, it says "Px4 Custom". The markings are different - the "Warning: Retract slide to see if loaded" and "Fires without magazine" labels are on the left side of the slide on the TM Px4, while they are on the right side of the frame on the RS. The left side of the slide on the RS Px4 says:

Patented

Gardone V.T. - Made in Italy

Beretta USA Corp Acck. MD

The TM Px4 has the "ASGK" markings, with "Tokyo Marui Co., LTD, Made in Japan" on the right side of the frame. The only markings that they have in common are the "Read manual before use" label on the front right side of the frame next to the rail.

The barrel on the TM Px4 does rotate, but the markings are different as well. The TM Px4 barrel says "9mm Para" while the RS Px4 says "9x19". Both have the serial number directly underneath that text.

Both of the sights are the same, as well as the safety/decocker. The hammer on both have the Decocked, partial cock, and fully cocked positions. Both decock when you put the gun in safe (this is what Beretta Type F pistols do). Also - when in safe, and the hammers are pulled back, the triggers do pull back to the single action position.

Mechanically wise, there are subtle but noticeable differences. Of course, the barrel and slide on the RS Px4 are metal, and it has a much stronger recoil spring. The TM Px4 slide and outer barrel are plastic. One small difference is that on the slide release lever as well - on the TM Px4, when the slide is forward, the lever is down and is held down. The RS Px4 slide release lever is in the up position and can move up and down.

The weight is comparable (when a mag is inserted in the TM), however the balance of the 2 are different. The TM Px4 is more back heavy, due to the fact that a lot of the weight is in the magazine. Also - because of the weight/slide differences, racking the slide on the RS Px4 is about 4x tougher than doing it on the TM.

The trigger pull is also another thing that is noticeably different. The RS Px4 Storm Type F has a Double Action/Single Action (DA/SA) trigger pull. The Double action pull is about 9lbs, while the single action is about 4lbs. On the TM Px4, the trigger pull is only about 4lbs in Double action, and about 2lbs in Single action.

The mags are about the same size. However, the feed lips at the top of the RS Px4 are a little taller and go all the way back, while the TM version has the standard GBB BB Feed lip at the front/top. The markings are different as well. The RS Px4 mag says "P.B. CAL. 9 Para - Made in Italy" (P.B. stands for Pietro Beretta). the TM Mag says "Px4 Cal. 9 Para - Tokyo Marui Made in Japan". Also - on the RS version, when the mag release button is pushed, the mag springs out almost all the way with spring pressure, while the mag on the TM just slides out.

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6701.jpg

I have not test fired it yet, but as soon as I have, I will post an update.

Excellent comparison dude, really good to see the differences! You'll be astonished when you get round to shooting the thing, Nineballing it (Hop rubber and tightbore) makes it a laser gun that outdoes most 350FPS AEG's.

Also, i'm immensely jealous. I'd love a real one :(

Which hop rubber do you use? I see the Nineball tightbore on Redwolf.

From afar, it's hard to tell which one is which. I normally put a Hogue handall grip on my RS Px4 but I took it off for the photo op. I had to look for a second to make sure which one was the right one!

From afar, it's hard to tell which one is which. I normally put a Hogue handall grip on my RS Px4 but I took it off for the photo op. I had to look for a second to make sure which one was the right one!

It's the NineBall purple VSR-10/TM GBB soft bucking - It's listed in most places as 'Nineball airseal chamber for VSR10'; This thing on ehobby;

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball-air-seal-hopup-chamber-for-marui-gbb-and-vsr-rifle.html

Seems pricey for a bit of rubber, but the difference it makes is amazing. As for the tightbore;

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nine-ball-6-03-precision-barrel-for-marui-px4-gbb-90-5mm.html

Currently out of stock unfortunately.

Still, with those 2 simple upgrades my PX4 is reaching out and poking people with a .3 at AEG ranges, with lethal accuracy. I often use mine as primary weapon as a result of how awesome it is.

Thanks for that info! I'll probably do that upgrade unless the accuracy in stock form is good enough. We'll see!

I shoot IPSC and IDPA with my real Px4 Storm. Some of the local IDPA members want to do practice with Airsoft at an indoor CQB facility here - we'll see what happens!

The stock PX4 is still a fantastic shooter - With .25's in stock form it's very accurate and still very rangey - The Nineball gear just gives it the extra oomph to do the same with a .3, which is obviously a little better for resisting wind and hits a bit harder.

Good thing is, the nineball parts don't add any stress to the system nor reduce gas efficiency, so you won't see any loss in cycle speed or efficiency.

*note to self - Book a holiday to the US.

This certainly doesn't sound like a recipe for trouble! :P