Firstly, Thanks to Ian from Tactical Kit for sending me this pouch. I have had a few orderes with Ian and all have gone smoothly even for stuff that had to be especially ordered in from the US.

G1098 is a new company in the tactical nylon market and is, I believe headed up by an ex serviceman. The range looks very complete and is based on but not entirely accurate to the new British MTP camo.

This is the medium utility pouch and from a first inspection, I would say it rivals Warrior kit for quality and in some areas actually exceeds them. For me, I have been using Warrior gear for the last few years and as such it is my benchmark by which i judge all other products. G1098 stack up very favourably IMHO. :D

close up of the pouch

d6c478d1.jpg

pouch on a genuine multicam Warrior centurion rig with back panel. There is a slight difference in the colours as I think the pouch is lighter but it isn't the be all and end all especially as I wear helikon camo; which as we know isn't an exact multicam match either.

d84c1eeb.jpg

The pouch has four MOLLE straps for attachment and are stiff enough to hold it well in place but easy enough to thread through the loops on your vest/rig and the snap fasteners are robust enough to take whatever you throw at it in an average airsoft game. There is also a nice drain hole in the base - good for our usually soggy weather.

5cf262a9.jpg

The zip is another strong point and works smoothly to allow quick access to the pouch. A nice touch is found at the end of the cord pulls on each zip. Unlike Warrior who just tie them in knots and seal the ends with heat the G1098 pouch has neat little plastic ends to aid grip and prevent the cords fraying or coming off.

72a6a84d.jpg

outside has the usual MOLLE loops to attach other pouches if so required but I was disappointed that these were in tan rather than multicam unlike Warrior; a small point and certainly not a deal breaker.

Inside there are elasticated straps for securing the pouch contents and also a velcro closed inner pocket; ideal for smaller items or papers.

401638af.jpg

c6035ee9.jpg

All in all a tidy little pouch and useful to boot. At £17 from Tactical Kit or thereabouts it is good value and with quite a comprehensive range from pouches to chest rigs etc G1098 shouldn't be overlooked if you are in the market for multicamesque products.

score 9/10

Have to agree with you. Been using this pouch in OD for the last few months on my G1098 Light Assault Vest (both from Dingodogs) and have found it very easy to use. Have been stuffing it with pyro and speedloader as well as a few other bits as I needed them. I have been wearing it higher on my vest and have had no problems accessing what was inside. Overall a very worthwhile purchase.

• 3 weeks later...