The Inokatsu/Redwolf Scam Thread

Firefly0

I like Inokatsu's products. Well I like their M4A1. It's well built, but it has its flaws. Neglecting or NOT recalling their nozzle after 500 rounds is a definitely a bad business practice. On top of that, they're saying you would have to buy NEW nozzles that are much sturdier, and can handle the abuse! So rather than fix what's broken, they're taking advantage of the airsoft community. Truth is, they can. They can put out a product half finished, and charge more later on to "upgrade it" when it's really "repairing" their earlier designs. If anything, early adopters are Beta Testing for these Chinese/Taiwanese Airsoft Companies at our cost.

I can't help but to think that if this was an American company, they woud go under in a heart beat. Imagine if Apple released a product (iPhone) and after a while, calls would drop. Wait, it did happen! So what did apple do? Gave FREE BUMPERS to people with an iPhone 4. They didn't tell you to go to Best Buy, or go to the store where you purchased their phone to get it "fixed". However, they DID tell you to go visit an apple store to go get a free bumper... but still it was FREE. Same thing with Microsoft Xbox. They extended their warranties to help with the xbox's that had the Red Ring of Death syndrome, just so people will remain faithful to Microsoft's products.

Compare ehobby Asia with Amazon.com or even redwolfairsoft.com too. If something goes wrong with Amazon's shipment, they will send you returns labels IMMEDIATELY without question. Sure, a lot of customers probably screwed over amazon, but in the long wrong, it protected their reputation. I'm not talking about 3rd party sellers who sell through amazon. I had a friend who sold through amazon, and if they received 1 bad rating, Amazon was on the brink of cancelling their account if they didn't find a solution to satisfy the unhappy customer!

Now this whole scam with Redwolf Airsoft/Inokatsu surfaces... Which is all documented on Inokatsu's Facebook website. Funny thing is, they're trying to promote their products through means of social networking, (which seems that a lot of companies are doing so) and it completely backfired. A consumer in china/hong kong purchased a 2011 Inokatsu M4A1 CQBR by the name of Dicky Chu from Redwolf Airsoft. All is well until a lot of his friends who are ALSO into airsoft and/or who owned inokatsu products IMMEDIATELY noticed that his gun showed signs of a 2010 model. First, the Bolt Carrier Group had the Adaptor in the rear to make it inokatsu size. Furthermore, his Serial Number was W310xxxx instead of W311xxxx. He posted pictures as well as several concerns with Inokatsu confirming what version of his gun did he purchased. He paid FULL Price for the 2011, and yet, apparently it came down to Redwolf assembling these guns by mixing and matching parts. Inokatsu's response was "Maybe the distributor had some inventory left over from 2010, and that's why you got some parts from 2010". Dicky replied "I paid for a 2011, and I'm getting 2010 parts? I want what I paid for!" After several arguments, and support from the facebook community, people started backing Dicky's argument, saying that this is on Inokatsu's table.

To make what already is a long story short, Inokatsu wanted to "investigate" this situation, as everyone kept saying "It's inokatsu's fault for not monitoring redwolf airsoft for distributing 2010 parts in a 2011 gun." Inokatsu appeared to seem to take matters in their own hands rather than blaming Redwolf and not taking responsibility as a lot of people were a little dissatisfied with Inokatsu's response.

So earlier today, Dicky wrote on Inokatsu's Wall saying "What is the status of your investigation?" to which they had no reply. I replied to dicky and said "I really hope your issue gets resolved. An American company would've taken care of you, and compensated you for your troubles IMMEDIATELY." Next thing you know, Inokatsu took down their Facebook.

So this tells us that Inokatsu doesn't want to take the responsibility of any issues when it comes to a serious situation like this. They could've EASILY saved their reputation by taking care of Dicky in PUBLIC. In fact, it would've promoted their company even more, and gave them even MORE credit. Rather, they decided to take the easy way out, and take the money and run. I'm chinese myself, but this seems to be quite common with a lot of Chinese Companies overseas. (and Taiwanese as well). I can't speak for newegg.com, as they do really service their customers to their fullest extent (since newegg.com is a chinese company).

But anyways, just thought everyone should know icon_e_smile.gif

Taken from Gasgun.info

http://gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6377

What do you guys think about this? It will hurt their sales especially with the Inokatsu 1911 coming? It will bring RW and Inokatsu to serious trouble? Post your opinion.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not surprising.

I knew something was up when the "2011 version" had a price jump of 90 dollars or so over the 2009 and 2010.

There's almost nothing different in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 versions.

Thankfully I bought my 09 used, knowing exactly what I'd get

Crazy, considering the price paid for an Inokatsu.

Just stupid, plain stupid. A simple problem easily rectified, and as above would have promoted them very well.

Looks like no one will be buying the Desert Eagle, seems they have gone the same way as TSI.

Inokatsu is Taiwanese. The company chose the name Inokatsu as it sounded Japanese and thus hoped it'd give them immediate street cred. And it worked. More or less the same thing with Hakkatsu who makes the Thunder B CO2 sound grenades. They are also not Japanese.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't care for Inokatsu ... not their prices nor their products. That said, I personally see this as more of a problem with Redwolf. Manufacturers have limited control over how their distributors behave. Some manufacturers have more control on the retailers than others. It's even more difficult for Inokatsu than a HK based manufacturer as they're not local to the distributor that sold the item. If a distributor/dealer advertises something as a 2011 model and ends up selling the customer a 2010 model that's not exactly the manufacturer's fault. Use the OP's iPhone analogy for example. If I walk into an AT&T store and buy an iPhone 3GS and I discover later on the AT&T actually sold me a iPhone 3G ... that would be AT&T's fault, not Apple's. Sure Apple/Inokatsu could go out of their way to correct the mistake that the retailer made by resending the correct item originally ordered, but legally speaking it's not their responsibility to do so. Inokatsu didn't make the sale, Redwolf did. Inokatsu didn't personally take the OP's money, Redwolf did. The sales contract is between retailer and customer (that's sales I'm talking about, not warranty).

Now if Inokatsu sold Redwolf 2011 models that were actually 2010 models and Redwolf wasn't aware of that, that would be between Inokatsu and Redwolf to figure out.

I'm actually kind of shocked people are placing so much blame and responsibility on Inokatsu in this particular issue. The fact that Inokatsu said they'd look into it, to me, simply means that the OP brought something to their attention that relates to a product they manufactured. That they'd contact the retailer to see where the mix up could have occurred which would hopefully expedite things. But at the end of the day, it's Redwolf's responsibility to account for the mishap in sending the wrong product, not the manufacturer's.

Isnt inokatsu a japanese brand? unsure.gif being a so big and known brand they should have hired some marketing personel and not use aunty mildred cats for that matters...

Simply put:

INOKATSU FAIL!!!

I don't believe Inokatsu is Japanese. It just happens to have a Japanese name.

In my travels to HK, I've learnt a lot of these shops that appear to have big presence, quite a few of these shops are actually a lot smaller than presented online. That's not to say that they're bad but just the image presented doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

I can't say American retailers wouldn't do the same....hell just look at Evike.

Yes, but we're talking about the manufacture not the retailer. If an American company did this they would have to answer to the BBB. I'm not surprised as how this was handled considering Inokatsu is owned by Cybergun dry.gif.

I'm actually kind of shocked people are placing so much blame and responsibility on Inokatsu in this particular issue. The fact that Inokatsu said they'd look into it, to me, simply means that the OP brought something to their attention that relates to a product they manufactured. That they'd contact the retailer to see where the mix up could have occurred which would hopefully expedite things. But at the end of the day, it's Redwolf's responsibility to account for the mishap in sending the wrong product, not the manufacturer's.

I dont think many people believe that Inokatsu is complicit in misrepresenting the 2011 line. As you mentioned it falls squarely on RW's shoulders to rectify the issue. Its Inokatsu's response to a little heat by shutting down their Facebook page that leads people to believe that they either knew about what RW was doing or they didn't really care enough to work out the problems with RW. If Inokatsu had stuck it out and given some feedback rather than going offline with their Facebook page I think we would see people responding differently.

Although this mess is a much bigger issue, it totally jives with my own recent experience with Redwolf. When they sent me the wrong part, they promised me in two separate emails that they would reimburse me the return shipping of the wrong part. Also, sending of the correct part by them was made contingent on my sending back the wrong part first. I did get the right part (thanks to Paypal dispute); guess what happened to that reimbursed shipping cost...

I can't help but to think that if this was an American company...

That's Chinese business ethics for you. They're not afraid of having a lawsuit shoved up their posterior at the slightest hint of dissatisfaction. As big a case as this is, I agree with uscmCorps: the guy's barking up the wrong tree as it's Redwolf that needs to do any reconciliation, if as he says the gun was assembled by them.

I'd have to read this the other way. It seems like someone trying to be the mega squeaky wheel and get their way.

That impression is based on the whiny text in the first post. If someone has a non partisan explanation of what's happened I might change my mind but not based on what I see now.

Regardless, anyone who purchases a "2011" Inokatsu is already a victim of advertising gimmick. Just look at the damn photos! There is no difference.They haven't fixed a thing about their implementation of the WAM4 system.

Inokatsu's site lists an HK business address, so while they might manufacture in Taiwan (might be outsourced), they are probably based in HK. I would not be surprised if Redwolf and Inokatsu have common ownership.

LOL, yeah I figured out I was ripped off when I bough the M240. The rivets on the bipods fell out, the mechbox wouldn't feed without jams and leaks air, and guess how much the M240 was?

It was also packaged as: Nylon and steel. Where in fact, it was ALUMINIUM, Nylon and 5% steel. What a rip.

So it seems like half of the people here are saying that there is no real difference between the different version of M4's produced by inkoatsu. So the question is why get so bothered that they sent you a model with a slightly different trade mark but essentially is the exact same gun?

I understand it isn't what your ordered, but seems like more stress than its worth. Your buying products from half way around the world, you really explicitly trust them with your money? This is actually a pretty new practice in the grand scheme of things, so of course your taking a risk. Unless your buying from a retailer that is in your town, that you can physically go there and look at the product before hand, expect this to happen.

Sorry if I sound insensitive to the whole issue, but it personally seems like more stress than its worth.

Shady businesses. Inokatsu should take responsibility for this issue. If their Facebook page was still active, you'd see how arrogant and disrespectful they were to their customer base. I personally wouldn't deal with a company that treats its customers like they do (especially with they money they've spent). Redwolf should be upfront and honest about this and do some damage control. Admit they f'd up and clean up their building operation of 2011 Ino's. It's not acceptable when people buy under the notion that they're getting an upgraded model.

Never trusted INOKATSU (right after their CO2 magazine announcement). Too much "babes" with a guns (not good bussines in my opinion). A lot of release dates, but always was extended.

We all (airsoft comunity) must look very close to their Colt 1911A1. Big price must equal great service and quality. Not just offer.

I'll have to agree with "usmcCorps" to me it looks more of RedWolf problem for trying to get rid of old stock or Inokatsu fault for doing the same selling to RedWolf older models !

+1 on the Inokatsu being overrated and overpriced.

Wolf

*edited to remove my moderate stupidity*

As for Ino products, i agree - Way overpriced. They're marketed as the ultimate in Airsoft guns, and they're just not. They're just a WA system with nice externals, and let's be fair, there's a hell of a lot of cheaper ways to get a WA based M4 with nice externals.

Dear everyone,

This is RedWolf Airsoft and we just want to explain the true situation to everyone. It seems rumors sometimes twists facts and not everything in the rumor is true.

First of all, Inokatsu has NEVER released a 2011 Version of the CQBR!

Second, the customer Dicky did not purchase his CQBR from RedWolf. He purchased it from a Hong Kong street shop called QRF.

We have never claimed the CQBR is a 2011 Version. Please see how it's posted on our website. It clearly says "SUPER VERSION"

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_Inokatsu_Inokatsu_M4_CQBR_Super_Version.htm

Dicky purchased the Inokatsu CQBR from the shop QRF recently. We do not know the context of the deal, but it was clear that after Dicky purchased the gun, he started questioning why it did not have a 2011 serial number and the new bolt. We suspect Dicky didn't even know there were 2010 versus 2011 versions of the M4 out there. Clearly what he didn't know what that the CQBR doesn't exist as a 2011 version.

So he posted a message to who he thought was Inokatsu through the Inokatsu Facebook page. Inokatsu's facebook page (confusingly) has a poster of the 2011 CQBR, even though they have never released one to market! (we have already informed Inokatsu's CEO that this is confusing everyone!) Additionally, the person running Inokatsu's Facebook page is actually not part of Inokatsu, but is the CEO's friend. This friend did not know that all CQBR's on the market were 2010 only, and incorrectly stated on the Facebook page that all CQBR's being sold should be 2011! This is incorrect information. (Inokatsu's CEO has since closed down the Inokatsu Facebook page in light of this incorrect information being spread).

To make a long story short, as Inokatsu's official distributor here in Hong Kong, we have contacted Dicky directly to understand the situation. We feel terrible that he saved up to buy an Inokatsu and was not aware that he was buying a 2010 version. So we have worked through the retailer QRF to offer him an exchange to a 2011 M4 if he wants. We last talked to Dicky on the phone today and he said he is happy with our offer, and is thinking about it. What finally happens is between Dicky and the retailer from which he purchased the CQBR from.

As Inokatsu's distributor, we feel it is our duty to correct inaccuracies in this story and tell everyone about what the facts are. Sorry for any confusion our dealers and the Inokatsu Facebook page may have caused. If you have any further questions regarding this case, please email webmaster@redwolfairsoft.com and we are happy to clarify anything related to this case.

Thanks for reading!

REDWOLF AIRSOFT

Archived