Cybergun Masada By MagpulPTS?

Dreamer777

Is what was said in the past about PTS is true, 'just another Cybergun' but... didn't A&K 'have' to pay for the rights to produce these ? have they teamed up with Cybergun, leaving PTS out of the mix all together ? or are PTS the distributor for A&Ks Masada ?

That's one hell of a price hike for a chinese AEG, no one in their right mind will buy one, hopefully ala the Thompson sensible priced ones will be available in the UK, our retailers still tell Cybergun to get f***ed, yet to here of any legal action being filed here ?

It still peaves me PTS couldn't make a Masada proper and not the frankenstein gun they produced :(

umm....have you done any research? lets start from the beginning.

Remember years ago when the ACR was first prototyped? A&K made illegal versions based off pictures that ended up being about 7/8th real size

the acr got sold around quite a bit then was produced by MAGPUL as the MASADA

Magpul thought that airsoft had a huge market and then created PTS (personal training system) and started selling lower quality versions of their products for airsoft use.

they got word of A&K selling ACR's and litterly sued them out of business. in the settlement agreement that allowed A&K to stay in business they were allowed to make to make the MASADA

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you donde your research? Magpul PTS is not part or owned by Magpul Dinamics, its just an Asian Brand which pays for the rights to use the name and clone Magpul stuff for airsoft market... rolleyes.gif

Either owned or not by Magpul they still must have very close ties with them since they're actively featured on the main website and most likely have the "rights" of the Magpul brand for airsoft purposes.

It's all to do with Tax evasion and legal rights issues, they are not the same company but they might as well be. A good example would be I once consulted to a law firm, they had a sister finance firm. They shared the same building, some of the same staff etc etc. But legally they were 2 seperate entities, this was for a number of financial and legal reasons.

HMMMMMMM doing research, well A&K never made an ACR, they made a Masada, now if it is out of scale to the tune PTS stated back then, how can this one be the real sized Masada ? (if it is the A&K) unless their info back then was BS ? now PTS, they don't make an ACR either, they make an abortion hybrid of the two seeing Magpul don't own the rights to the Bushmaster/Remington ACR, none of which is relevant to this thread unless it is confirmed the Masada is A&K and it is accurate enough to be deemed a Masada when a year ago it was all different dimensions and not worthy of the name until licensed, has someone been commissioned to make them for CG/PTS new moulds etc ? doubt it :P

umm....have you done any research? lets start from the beginning.

Remember years ago when the ACR was first prototyped?

It wasn't prototyped as ACR, it was renamed ACR once remingtonBushmaster got their grubby little mitts on it.
A&K made illegal versions based off pictures that ended up being about 7/8th real size

the acr got sold around quite a bit then was produced by MAGPUL as the MASADA

No it was designed by magpul as the masada sold around a bit then produced by Remington and Bushmaster as the acr, whereupon they cheaped out on certain stages and started claiming the rifle was only meant for .223 and feeding it 5.56 was what caused the problems(despite every singly barrel being stamped 5.56).

Magpul thought that airsoft had a huge market and then created PTS (personal training system) and started selling lower quality versions of their products for airsoft use.

I've never actually heard anyone from magpul claim this, quite the opposite, they've stated on several occasions that PTS is their official partner for airsoft. Putting them on the website as part of the "brand family" is just a marketing trick.

Regardless of all that, the PTS ACR still isn't the production model, since the front sight on the pts is part of the receiver not integrated to the hand guard or omitted entirely in favour of an mbus.

I've never actually heard anyone from magpul claim this, quite the opposite, they've stated on several occasions that PTS is their official partner for airsoft. Putting them on the website as part of the "brand family" is just a marketing trick.

Thanks, Couldnt say better :)

The A&K has this lettering: MAGPUL MILITARY INDUSTRIES ERIE CO USA + hologram sticker

As far as I can make out from the photos on the RW site, the "Cybergun" has identical lettering and sticker.

I don't know why RW is calling it this: Cybergun Masada by Magpul PTS (Black / Folding Stock / Licensed)

The PTS part seems to be added entirely (and misleadingly) by RW in the heading. Also of course, no mention of A&K.

The "real" Masada by Magpul PTS doesn't have any white lettering at all.

Everything suggests that this an A&K version, purveyed by Cybergun. But is the barrel longer than on the regular PTS model?

Something tells me that Cybergun is trying to pull a fast one, They bought A&K made Masada's and either got a licenses from PTS for a gun that already had one or just bought them without actually getting a license and jacked up the price for their profit. If it's the latter, I hope PTS sues the pants off of them for some ironic justice.

Just noticed this over at RW, thought it had to be a joke of some sort, figured other people had to have noticed it by now.

Pretty much utterly insane pricing. The A&K version is available in Europe for about ~270€ new, and I wouldn't touch it at that pricing -- far too high. I understand that A&K had to stop production for a while, licencing issues and Chinese legal blockages and what not, fine, but it's still too high.

Then I saw this. If it really is licensed by Cybergun, I really think they don't realize exactly that the A&K version is not the one selling for 500 euros or so.

Either that or, as people said, they're trying to make a quick buck out of some poor fool who doesn't bother to do his homework.

Last time I checked it was greed that caused this kind of thing, not capitalism alone, and last time I checked China has it's fair share of greedy business men/women who disregard the consumer so I wouldn't try and take the moral highground just yet ;)

That price is sheer madness though, I can't see why retailers willingly stock things like that, much like I can't see why retailers here stock Umarex USP magazines and sell them for £40 when you can get the same branded KWA and sell them for £25...

I guess it's purely down to cyberscum's strong arm tactics. You want to keep stocking all these products? Then you have to order x of these overpriced products.

I'm not really sure that idea would work, what else from Cybergun do Redwolf actually stock? They appear to get KWC guns and parts direct from KWC themselves and I don't recall actually seeing anything else on either the Redwolf website or the Redwolf UK trade price lists.

EDIT : Quick search on Redwolf for 'Cybergun' brings up one result, I'm sure you can guess what that is :P

Let's pause for a moment and consider how misleading the caption is that RedWolf put on this gun. Above and beyond the obscenity of Cybergun's pricing strategy, when unsuspecting buyers see Mapgul PTS in the heading of the webpage, combined with the price, and no sign/mention of A&K, they're going to draw one--wrong--conclusion.

Archived