Cybergun Masada By MagpulPTS?

Dreamer777

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...did NOT see this mash-up coming down the pike. We'll need tod do some more research, but a couple of your are on the right path, and others are totally off-the-mark with tons of innuendo and hyperbole added to the mix.

[links removed as they are nothing to do with the gun]

THUMPY....OVER

We don't need to do any more research, the A&K that I have in my hands now has that design of hop, the same charging handle in the back over the ejector and the folding stock. The exact guns cybergun are taking $640 for are available for are $265 with a free midcap emag or pmag from ehobby. What more do we need to know other than cybergun have decided to charge a $300 idiot tax on anyone buying from them?

I got no problem with mark up, heck, I don't think anyone here in their right mind would, but come on a at least 100% mark-up of the most current market value. Definitely more then when it came our at the under the table, illegal (Unlicensed) version price. Yeah we all knew it would rise once A&K had to get a license from PTS, but that was only about 50-80 dollars depending on where you got it from. I mean heck I got mine, (Non-licensed) version for 245 shipped brand new from a dealer here on the west coast. The more I see stunts like this the more I find myself not wanting anything to do EVER with this company, Cybergun not Redwolf.

Wow...did NOT see this mash-up coming down the pike. We'll need tod do some more research, but a couple of your are on the right path, and others are totally off-the-mark with tons of innuendo and hyperbole added to the mix.

[links removed as they are nothing to do with the gun]

THUMPY....OVER

that's ironic given your over-the-top and mostly fluff 'news postings.' this is a marked-up a&k masada. pure and simple.

that's ironic given your over-the-top and mostly fluff 'news postings.' this is a marked-up a&k masada. pure and simple.

Thank you for your expert analysis and thread-editing ability.

Don't you want to know WHY this "alleged" A&K product has been priced and marketed in this way? Who/What's behind the difference? Or, as many have in this thread already have, continue to just kick the can down the road and reinforce what MIGHT BE bias and unsubstantiated rumors? For the record, its not a job for me (yet) but a service that I actually enjoy providing. Take it, or leave it, just don't dump-and-run. It isn't fun.

In the interim, I've shot off queries to several of the principals in this item, so that they are aware and might/might not respond. We'll at least give them the opportunity.

THUMPY....OVER

slow your roll and drop the techno babble. you sent e-mails or called a help line, you didn't 'shoot off queries to the principles.' you're not a brokerage firm, you're a guy with a computer and too much time on his hands.

this isn't an alleged a&k product. it is an a&k product. newsflash! only two companies make acr/masada types - a&k, and ares. this isn't an ares, and it's identical to the a&k, so.... looks like a duck, walks like a duck, smells like a duck, it's a duck.

and no, i don't really care why cybergun marked the price up. greed's a pretty powerful motivator and to be honest my experiences with cybergun have been pretty ######-poor.

Thank you for your expert analysis and thread-editing ability.

Don't you want to know WHY this "alleged" A&K product has been priced and marketed in this way? Who/What's behind the difference? Or, as many have in this thread already have, continue to just kick the can down the road and reinforce what MIGHT BE bias and unsubstantiated rumors? For the record, its not a job for me (yet) but a service that I actually enjoy providing. Take it, or leave it, just don't dump-and-run. It isn't fun.

In the interim, I've shot off queries to several of the principals in this item, so that they are aware and might/might not respond. We'll at least give them the opportunity.

THUMPY....OVER

What I don't get about your post, is that you say there may or may not, be a reason for the price (as in the price being a lot more than any other acr/masada) Now, if there is a reason for the mark up, don't you think they would have provided said reason? For one thing, that would undoutably help, sell the product and also at the same time, show why you're paying more?

With that in mind (marketing to help sell you product by explaining, why its better than the rest) you can assume, if there is no reason, they would then distance them selves, from stating, that it is just a rebrand and has no difference over the version sold by A&K.

Just my two cents.

What I don't get about your post, is that you say there may or may not, be a reason for the price (as in the price being a lot more than any other acr/masada) Now, if there is a reason for the mark up, don't you think they would have provided said reason? For one thing, that would undoutably help, sell the product and also at the same time, show why you're paying more?

With that in mind (marketing to help sell you product by explaining, why its better than the rest) you can assume, if there is no reason, they would then distance them selves, from stating, that it is just a rebrand and has no difference over the version sold by A&K.

Just my two cents.

Wow. Brutal, welcome to Easter Sunday.

OK, lets call a spade a spade.

If Cybergun added licensing charges, that's an additional cost. If Magpul added a charge, that's another. If this is an A&K, then why isn't it listed under Redwolf's A&K products list, and IS the ONLY thing listed under Cybergun? Did Cybergun "threaten" Redwolf with legal action? Did they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement as part of their contract-to-sell?

Are the other retailers selling unlicensed, and therefore potentially illegal merch? Are the trademark police on the way to HK to shut down another retailer, and a good one at that? Are "they" sending tips in a "dirty tricks" campaign to national import/customs officials in an attempt to slew the trade and get an unfair advantage, Or are "they" just doing business?

Where are A&K's really made, and why would the Chinese Communist government allow any of these airsoft guns to be produced and exported? They control the guns, right? And, why (or why not, as I have a first-hand assurance from a corporate officer) would Real Sword be produced in said-country un-fettered by the C-Police, while others get manhandled, arrrested and have their merch steamrollered?

Some of you guys sound like conspiracy nuts. Any facts? Yea, looks like a duck...but who laid the eggs? If you don't care, grab your rip cord and bail from these threads.

I mean, read between the lines and don't put your head in the sand, man. There's tons of shady ###### going on in the "airsoft business world" and companies and governments intentions are not always laid out in black and white. AND, not ALL business IS SHADY or ######. Some have legally paid for the rights, trademarks and trade dress, and all of this is being sorted out in legal actions around the globe. It doesn't mean a hill of beans. What I'm tired of is that comments fall into some predictable patterns:

1- "I don't care, you're a liar, shut up and quit reporting on this."

2-" I know exactly what is happening, because I base my opinions on unsubstantiated rumors or half-truth, with no actual facts to back me up."

3-" I don't care, because I'll never ever buy that company/retailer/wholesaler/country/vendor's stuff, because it always breaks/is build cheeply/has crappy product support/I heard it was ###### from somebody."

and a few who say...

4- "I'd like to make up my own mind, from well-sourced, well-researched information presented without bias, and skip all the drama. Its just a game, right?"

Make up your own mind. I don't really care.

THUMPS...OVER

I genuinely didn't get my head around any of that. So A&K cybergun licensed masadas are not made in china, but realsword guns are, or something? I'm confused by that entire post.

*edit* Sorry, i should explain slightly - What's with all these odd questions and suchlike? Do you know something about this mysterious Cybergun Masada everyone else doesn't? If so, why not share? I don't get what you're actually trying to tell us here...

he's just having a hissy fit strutting his stuff to act like he has more information than everyone else, which clearly, by the fact the post has NOTHING new in it, he doesn't.

Simples. it's an A&K masada, now unless the points for contention in this debacle stand as follows:

1. Why is it being marketed as PTS? It's clearly an A&K unless uscmCorps can confirm that Magpul PTS have recently redone their line of Masadas to look like A&K ones?

2. Why is is Being Charged at $638

3. Who's fault is this? Redwolf? Cybergun?

4. Do PTS know the A&K masada is being sold AS a PTS masada by RW?

now THAT I would like to see answered.

Well like I said. I fired an email off to RW and am still waiting to hear back from them. I also fired one off to Magpul PTS to see if I can get thier views on the situation.

Like I said I know its an A&K due to owning one since day one of release, no one can change my view on that. All we need to do is sit back and wait to see what both RW and PTS say on the matter.

WhiteHawksan has the nail hit firmly on the head I'd say, the A&K is probably still made in China (Frontiers would be our best bet to confirm that) and is probably being done so illegally, airsofters on the whole will not care if it is being made in China illegally as long as the price/quality ratio is good.

The real issue for me is why are Redwolf actually stocking an overpriced A&K, I've nothing against licencing so to speak but the A&K Masada is already sold as a PTS licenced product for a far lower price and anyone stocking or buying an overpriced Cybergun 'version' is only going to encourage them to carry on trading like that.

SOURCE:

from RedWolf Webmaster <webmaster@redwolfairsoft.com>

to AXXXX XXXXXX <thumpy3d@gmail.com>

date Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM

subject RE: TO ARCLIGHT: Can you help Thumpy explain this thread on the Masada????

hide details 1:21 PM (19 minutes ago)

Dear XXXX,

Arclight is still off for the Easter holidays. I’m the webmaster but I can give you the quick answer.

We have been requested by Cybergun to follow their MSRP pricing for this model – which is the price you see posted on our website. Cybergun is the supplier for this gun, and we must respect their wishes (based on our terms and conditions with them) in selling at their MSRP.

We do realize this price is very expensive and have given feedback to Cybergun about this.

Thanks

RedWolf Airsoft

ADDED CLARIFICATION:

RedWolf is an official distributor for Cybergun. For this model, the Masada, we have been requested by Cybergun to follow their MSRP pricing – which is the price you see posted on our website. Given that Cybergun is the supplier for this gun, we must respect their wishes and follow their MSRP. We do give feedback to suppliers from time to time when their pricing may make them uncompetitive, and we will definitely do so in this case.

FACT.

Thumpy...OVER

Some of you guys sound like conspiracy nuts. Any facts? Yea, looks like a duck...but who laid the eggs? If you don't care, grab your rip cord and bail from these threads.

I mean, read between the lines and don't put your head in the sand, man. There's tons of shady ###### going on in the "airsoft business world" and companies and governments intentions are not always laid out in black and white.

If by "some of you guys", you actually meant "I", then yes, I agree completely.

Well I figured I would try and sort this out by going straight to the top of this particular piece of fail so I e-mailed Cybergun.

Heres a transcript.

Dear Cybergun,

Please *fruitcage* off and die.

Yours sincerely,

The worldwide airsoft community

*Note, might be a joke.

Here's some interesting info. from Cybergun's own website.

http://www.cybergun.com/en/products/product-line/softair/magpul/aeg-softair-series/3766-magpul-masada-black.html

This is what RW are selling, priced at $638, here at 369 Euros.

Notice also the MAGPUL PTS + logo above the gun on the CB page.

There's something fishy here. Cybergun are so fixated on licensing, would they use the Magpul trade mark in this way without some kind of permission?

And how did 369 euros, already an outrageous price for a $265 gun, become $638??

Is that a thermold mag in the cybergun link? Dont the A&K masadas come with a PMAG? More importantly a licensed pmag produced by Magpul themselves? Soooo it may appear as though Cybergun may not have permission to sell PTS licensed stuff.

And thumpy you do sound like a nut... Or a young reporter trying to find his big break by digging deep about something that no one here particularly cares about.

Archived