UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as I am almost finished with my first UK loadout(about $400 away!), I have a few questions as I prepare to do my next.

This is what I am aiming for:

fleet-protection-group-2.jpg

I have two questions, with multiple parts:

1. How did they attach those torches to their L85's? Is there anyway to reproduce that mount and torch in airsoft?

2. Is there any place I can get one of those Gecko helmets? Where? Links?

Thanks!!!

There's a special adapter you can get to mount MagLites onto SA80s.

Never seen those Gecko helmets for sale.

For what it's worth, those guys are Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines, not SF.

I think they perform a similar role to the VBSS guys the US Navy has.

The light looks a lot like a potato grip light. Similar to this one... http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ARR605-7.html

Not really similar. The one in the pic is pretty simple and doesnt have anything to grip - you grip the MagLite.

Also, I'd say that MagLites are quite a bit wider than 1", they take D batteries (well, the size in the pic does)

CKinnerley, I like that L119, I'm thinking of doing a RIS job on my own M4 - as far as I'm aware I'm going to need a railed handguard and gas block? (To install flip up sights.) And what sort of price range would I be looking at for that?

Currently I'm operating a so-called "poor man's EOTech" red dot sight unit at the moment, it would be nice to have the front sight post out of the way.

There's a special adapter you can get to mount MagLites onto SA80s.

Never seen those Gecko helmets for sale.

For what it's worth, those guys are Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines, not SF.

I think they perform a similar role to the VBSS guys the US Navy has.

You have a link to the adapter?

Or is it just a scope mount with really large rings?

Very interesting choice of kit.smile.gif Makes a nice change from all the "usual" DA kits. Those guys in the picture are Fleet Protection Group RM. They play a role within the SFSG, attached to SBS as support for maritime counter terrorist operations. So I think the questions are well within the context of this thread. Anyone, please corect me if I`m wrong.

You may also like to know that FPGRM also use the SA80 AFV http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aeg/ares-hong-kong/ares-l85a2-afv-airsoft-aeg.html.

Ross Kemp with FPGRM:

Thanks for that video link! Very informative! :gun:

I would still like to go for the look of the full size L85 with the maglite, but it is good to know I have options!

The helmet is my main concern right now, I know they exist, but I cannot find them! I have already accepted the fact that I will not be able to do the dry suit(Very Expensive!!![Just going to use a flightsuit]), so I would rather not skimp on the helmet too.

Have you guys ever worn a dry suit? I would challenge you to play a whole day...wait no...three hours in one..LOL. That is like playing in a wet suit. I have seen guys in the SEAL threads in the past want to do Beach recce kits re-breather and all....never seen one on a filed yet. Probably because that stuff is stupid hot..LOL. Cool pic and all but I would substitute that dry suit for something look alike or as close too. And before it is asked or snipped I have operated for extended periods in dry suits and it sucks...even when it is balls cold out those things get stupid hot.

Friend of mine did an SBS loadout a few years ago with a drysuit, Safety Systems vestetc... He tried skirmishing in the suit and lasted 10 min before he went to get changed, he was sweating like a rappist just standing still!

The L85 torch is available in a fair few surplus places, a bloke who frequents all the military shows in the UK (War & Peace etc...) sells them. A teammate may have one kicking about though, I'll check with him, he'll probably pas it on for little cash.

Still on topic, here's my SAS CRW effort with teammates during a photoshoot for a planned black kit game at UCAP Virus this autumn. (I'm at number two)

IMG_7267.jpg

SF10 with Davies Comms and flash lens

Nomex hood

Nomex CRW Suit

Armorshield REV Plus

Mk3 Suede Vest with shotgun shells and Aircrew Knife

Paul Evers Sig 226 Holster

PWL Pistol Mag Holder

PWL MP5 Mag Leg Holster

PE Belt

Davies PTT

Nico 6 Training Flash Bang

Mp5 K (should be an A3 but mine was in 2 peices at the time!)

Sig 226

Adidas GSG-9 Mk1

Archived