UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they are going with more of the drop leg or belt mounted SERPA's as if you get caught in an IED blast the last thing you need is a face full of steel and Carbon Fibre. But the pics of TF Black have alot of chest mounted SERPA's yes. I like the chest mounted holster as it allows a very quick draw if needed.

Yes the TM P226 fits and holds in a SERPA no problem.

Yeah, you do. The standard SERPA comes with a paddle and a belt mount. To get it onto MOLLE, you need a MOLLE adaptor. Something like this or this, but be wary of the second one. I found that it didn't quite fit onto my RRV (one of the arms was misaligned slightly, had to bodge it with a zip-tie to get it to stay on).

I believe the holes are more for rotation than height, ie. so the holster can be angled with the butt up in the air as opposed to having the butt point down like it is. It's just a case of finding which angle works best for you wherever the holster itself is placed and finding the nearest holes for the screws to attach to.

Quite a few of the pouches are new, so it'll take a bit of time to bed them in and get them nicely worn. Good point on the hydro tube, I have considered it but it just ends up with too much running down my left shoulder, and it doesn't seem to be a massive pain where it is.

The SERPA can't be mounted any higher on the plate.

Looks good to me really, just not tatty enough ;)

You could move the medic/utility pouch over to where the CQB pouches are and mover the mags all onto the left side. I have mine like that and it makes mag changes easy as pie. Plus then you have the utility where you can easily see into it for that pesky little thing that is at the bottom of the pouch.

Doesn't sound that great to be honest.

What vest were you thinking of? The only one that will look credible for UKSF in multicam is a SOHPC. And I don't think the UKSF have been using the Mk6 for a while. I think most of the UKSF have moved over to crye v2's for clothing.

Your best bet is to base the loadout off of a confirmed pics of UKSF troopers.

Most vests being used are OD and not sure why choose a black BDU shirt?

BTW (open question to anyone) - why ARE the UK forces (SF and others) using OD vests in the main as opposed to a tan or DDPM version more approprate to the operational environment? Is it purely "off the shelf" availablilty?

what do you guys think?

I would just ditch the helmet all together, it doesn't sound like you're building a DA kit, and the MK6 isn't the correct one.

Can someone tell me what desert dpm's and multicam look like together?

Splendid in my mind.

The only one that will look credible for UKSF in multicam is a SOHPC.

That's debatable since known usage, and pattern creation overlapped with the introduction of atleast the RAV, and most likely other personal purchase options. See here.. You'll note that some blokes on the left hand side are wearing Blackhawk! chest rig/plate carriers. Task Force Black stated by name that Crye came into use in 2006/2007.

I think most of the UKSF have moved over to crye v2's for clothing.

According to the service members that post in here, if they're not deployed, they use DPM or private bought multicam. As there isn't enough Crye to go around, but it's a minor point I guess.

It's not picture legit, and I know the gun is too old, but if there's a 417 out, let me know.

5027675398_d2bf69bb83_z.jpg

The black shirt... Night games

Vest... Bulle RAV

I'll scrap helmet and get a cap instead.

2 questions:

Can deserts work in woodland sites?

Also, do you think I should scrap the multicam pouches and just get tan ones?

I want multicam in future but funds aren't fully available atm.

Archived