UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm looking for the comms used by sbs in early afghan ("sbs-hikers"). the cougar fist mic is often seen, but it's hard to find the radios they used. i first thought maybe something like the an prc 152, but dont know if they were around at that time.

i found this pic

bh030.jpg

where it doesn't look like an prc 152, more like something like this (prc-349):

0.jpg

i think the prc 349 was still in use at that time, so would that make sense?

Something I threw together on a whim: Basically a UKSF TFK load-out for Swedish winter. Hardly an impression, just think of it as a bit of fun, although the rifle and vest are close to impression status. The jacket is a Helikon, which has been reported spotted with UKSF recently.

fm2mqg.jpg

4t9id1.jpg

6tgtxz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RG is a better match and Flyye is meant to be the better out of the 2.

However, there are lots of alternatives to a RAV, especially for a SFSG loadout. For a while in Afghan they were using chest rigs and ops vests over BHI and KPC plate carriers. Which I fine way more comfortable than a RAV personally.

So to get a somewhat accurate SFSG look a RG RAV with OD pouches?

That would simplify things, at least in my head.

Do you guys know where I could get a Flyye RAV without the pouch set in RG? Is it possible to order directly from Flyye?

The pouches don't have to be bhi, they get issued a set of Paraclete pouches in sg as well, so you can use either and any combination which will give you more choice. They also get an amount of multicam Paraclete pouches too.

There are several sellers on eBay that sell flyye gear, have a look on there. Although being you're in the US, you'll probably be able to pick up a real rav for less.

I do not really know what I want to do right now. I can find a Pantac in RG with no pouches for under $200. Or I could wait a bit longer and, as Dechande suggested, save up to get a real Paraclete RAV. If one pops up on Ebay for less than the $600 I would have to shell out for a new one, I may pick that up. The flyye might be good if I could find it without the pouch set in RG. I really do not know anymore.

Do you guys think it would be worth it to shell out the $600+ for a real RAV?

If so, I may just buy a Flyye FAPC and use that as a light loadout until I save up enough money. That will cost more, but may also be worth it in the long run.

Suggestions?

Depends what type of airsoft you play really. If you do alot of urban I would go with a RAV.

I got my real one for less than $500 and it was new, so if you keep an eye out on ebay you will probably find one at a reasonable price. Its just a question of waiting, but the real one is miles better than the PANTAC one I used to own, and about half the weight.

I would avoid the FAPC, there is no evidence it is in use with any area of UKSF, if you wanted a cheaper rig for a basic starting loadout, they are issed the BHI recon harness in their big bag of BHI kit. So using one of those would be a perfectly legit base rig.

I am sorry for the onslaught of questions, but what exactly is the difference between pre-'05, '05 and '07 models of the RAV? Which is used?

Anyway, I do think I am going to wait and save for a Paraclete RAV rather than a replica. It probably won't take me too long to save the money.

'03 - No cummerbund support.

'05 - Two snap-closure cummerbund support.

'07 - Velcro flap over cummerbund.

What era you're aiming for will be determinate of which model you want. For example TFB/K would be '03-'05, whereas latter ('07 on wards?) would be the '05, '07 and the updated RAV; the RMV.(in both '05 and '07 variants)

Correct there's really no right or wrong. But if you're wanting to do an accurate impression based off of the above pic then you'd want a Sage Green RMV in any of the configurations (as all are visible in the pic to a greater or lesser extent) covered in BHI/MSA Paraclete pouches and coupled with Gen2 Crye.

Archived