UKSF Loadouts

Alezi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So stupid question but I'm looking at a set of mtp plce on eBay. Was this kit ever used or is it farby?

What impression are you doing it for?

I'm not an expert but you do not see it in pics that often. Not to say it never happens. Here's one though: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/928854_872574279495601_1614687535_n.jpg  Note that it is the "para" style plce not the issue stuff. 

For impressions sake I think it might be easier to get an OPS vest. Or just go full molle etc. 

A buddy and I were assigned as leaders for the Airsoft GI game this past weekend. Saturday had lovely weather, but Sunday was in the low 40s with wind and rain all day. I think my DWR-treated S95 smock may be my new favorite piece of kit after that rather unpleasant experience.

All photos courtesy of Christopher Wratten / Ballahack Airsoft.

• 3 weeks later...

A few pics from a weekend a while ago. My buddies and I were going for Tora Bora-esque kits, with varying levels of success.

Barrel desperately needs a chop, and a wing mount wouldn't hurt.

28 NOV 2015 #2

Pity there aren't more pics of his kit, as it's pretty much 100% spot on.

BB wars are tough. You gotta find love somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give the Minimi a workout this weekend. In-game photos courtesy of Christopher Wratten / Ballahack Airsoft.

10 JAN 2016 #1

10 JAN 2016 #2

Reference photo (used as a rough guideline, not to carbon copy the fella's kit):

10 JAN 2016 reference photo

If anyone can help me locate the ACOG mount pictured in the reference photo, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
  • 4 weeks later...

I attended my first Milsim West event this past weekend. What a gut check. 40 hours of continuous operations with no cease-fires. I got less than 4 hours of sleep total. In short, it was awesome.

My friends and I ran a conceptual modern UKSF recce kit for the event.

Patrol to contact

Establishing the new FOB

Maximi on overwatch

Repelling a RUSFOR assault

Patrolling out for a night assault

Deconflicting fires and taunting the OPFOR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have pictures of UKSF fellas with breaching tools? I've seen loads of black kit pics with sledgehammers and the like. I have, however, been unable to find any pictures from Iraq or A-stan showing them being carried or in use.

I ask because I've got a RAV in the mail and would like an excuse to buy a hoolie bar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

That seems to be the general method of carrying them, on the back of the PC.

You can see on this pic

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/iraq/sasi11.jpg

The chap behind the guy on the right with the green helmet appears to have some sort of metal wedge on his PC, along with what looks like a breaching charge.

Good luck getting a hooligan tool though, think they're restricted to mil/pol.

Good looking out, titchikov. I'll have a poke around the local surplus shops to see what I can find. Maybe being former mil will suffice. :)

Failing that, I've been eyeing the metal Cyma M870. The short barreled M870 model looks to be a close approximation of the breaching shotguns in use with UKSF.

I go to games hosted at MOUT training facilities every now and then. Manual breaching tools prove to be quite useful in those sorts of environments. I was planning on using the hoolie bar as intended, so I would have to spring for a real one.

Somewhat unrelated: how do you know if a piece of Paraclete kit is pre-MSA? I just got my RAV in the mail and have no idea what to look for.

Archived