Reporter neither knows nor cares about Britain's

amateurstuntman

So there is a TV show on tonight about a Cambridge scientist recreating the lost research data that allowed the Damnbusters raid to succeed.

I am quite keen on watching it so I was looking about for some info and found a Telegraph article on the show.

It seems that Caroline Gammell knows jack *suitcase* about our military traditions and couldn't be bothered to do any research or fact checking.

This is just typical of reporting. Take any subject on which you are an expert (for example firearms) then read any article in the mainstream press about it.

The poor research and plain ignorance of the people writing this *suitcase* is flabbergasting.

Now extrapolate that out for every article in every paper because it isn't just the subjects that you are an expert on that they are ignorant of, it's all of them.

The only thing journalists are qualified to write about these days is journalism.

Anyway, here's the picture and the link:

Victorian%20cross.JPG

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/world-war-2/8486396/Dambusters-Cambridge-scientists-recreate-daring-World-War-Two-raid.html

• 2 weeks later...

i watched this, and in the quote from the scientist it says "there was nobody alive who knew if the mission was difficult" - the same head scientist was in the documentary talking to a WW2 Vet who was the bombardier on one of the lancasters. also, right at the end after the american pilot had dropped the dummy bomb in the show, he said something that incinuated he had done a better job/was more skilled than the RAF did 70 years ago. i cant remember exactly what he said, but it sticks out in my mind because it was so ridiculous.

try it 70 years ago in the dark while you're getting shot at nobhead <_< .

Archived