Bullpup M14

Murdoc

Do the US military use any other Bullpups? What unit were the guys in Spetsnaz Dave's picture, look like Marines but not sure if they're FR Marines or normal

No, we dont use any type of Bullpup rifle. If those were Marines they were probably in a unit that was doing experimental testing on weapons and gear. I did this myself in the Army with the XM8 and the land warrior system aswell as some hand launched UAV's being in that type of unit it fun while it lasts.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) The blokes in those pics were SEALS in the NATEC Naval weapon spec gathering trials at the drip fac.

2) Marines in FR have used bullpups including those SRSS-14 rifles (P90 and AUGs too, but mostly when working with foreign friendlies for magazine compatibility) and you will see more pics of them too soon.

3) I really want to see you complete this. I would have used a GBB personally, but an electric is crazy exciting to me! I keep wondering how you are going to do it! With the Navy and Marines looking to breath new life into the M14 via a new lightweight kit add-on as opposed to a full rebuild I have a feeling THIS (the SRSS) will be a configuration that we will all be seeing a lot more of.

(EDIT: Couple of more pics for the project)

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image5.jpg

image7.jpg

So, you just added foam blocks, then sanded them into shape and covered it in fiberglass resin with fiber glass sheet? What kind of foam did you use and where can I get some?

-PVC/PUR foam+polyesther/vinilesther/epoxy resin

-or polystyrol foam+polysafe resin

Don't use polyesther/vinilesther/epoxy on polystyrol foam!!!:waggle:

Don't sand the weaved fiberglass, use it as final surface(you can use kevlar(first tan, but turns brownis at sunshine), or carbon(black), or mixed, or bauxit texile(dark green), or colored fiberglass texile too). The finest available texile referenced.

I'm in the EU, so it's easyer to use the google to find local shops.

Archived