WE M16 VN Open Bolt

danielsilva

I've had noticed that in the multiple WE's AR's Open Bolt videos the bolt is making a nice Clank!! metallic sound when released, you can hear it even more in the recent RA-Tech's videos. I think the reason of this is that WE's Open Bolt AR's have a few differences from the previous AWSS regarding the fake Gas Key on the Bolt Carrier and the part where the fake Gas Tube enters the Upper Receiver.

In these new guns (judging from the M16A1) the bolt has an elongated Gas Key with a flat end which reaches or makes contact with a metal end where normally the fake Gas Tube would enter the receiver, presumably (my guess) this keeps the nozzle from slamming the HopUp chamber fully. If all my assumptions are true then they're good news and we are having a long lasting Nozzle. I'm really worried about the Lower receiver been identical to the the AWSS models, James Chan told multiple times in youtube's comments about the new receivers been different, but right now I'm confused about this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what i think would be cool is if someone can come up with a "smoke" disintegrating bb for "reenactors"

so they can use the GBBs and have a real steel firing effect without having a projectile leaving the barrel that would endanger viewing public? and then normal BBs can be used when at airsoft events.!!

just me going off on a crazy tangent!

Hummmm my closed bolt does that to :blink:

It's the BCG hitting the charging handle with a bit of springing noise from the buffer spring. Switch your original charging handle ( potmetal ) for a aluminium or steel one and you'll hear it too.

Yeah, my AWSS 4168 sounds the same (I got it back to my armory :D ), considering that the unique AWSS steel pseudo Bolt Carrier has different contact/hitting surfaces that make their characteristic sound when released, the point that I was trying to make was that these Open Bolts are making good metallic sound despite the fact that are equipped with plastic Nozzles, and the Nozzles are located in front without any other apparent surface to contact the chamber. Nevertheless, that longer Gas Key caught my attention.

Are you assuming that I have a pot metal Charging Handle? Sorry Mr Silva, I no longer have that WOC-X POS thank you :) ...

Forget real steel term and accept that open bolt in airsoft means that the bolt is not obscured.

Actually it doesnt, there are airsoft guns that fire from open bolt and like most, from closed bolt. They have a meaning in airsoft, and WE is f*in it up.

Actually it doesnt, there are airsoft guns that fire from open bolt and like most, from closed bolt. They have a meaning in airsoft, and WE is f*in it up.

I saw it, as a term for the look of the bolt, not its function.

Closed bolt, closed from view by the brass. Open bolt, no brass, open to viewing. ;)

*fruitcage* WE, just like they *fruitcage*ed me as a customer. So we're all supposed to be happy that they've released yet another sub-$300 gun, while my M4 sits in the closet waiting hopefully for the stupid open bolt kit promised over a year ago? I wouldn't normally blame a company for me throwing money at their lemon, but with the M4 they essentially redesigned the entire gun bit by bit, with me buying and testing all the bits. Not to mention hundreds spent on chronically leaking mags.

I could have bought one of every single open bolt WE GBBR for all I've wasted on my M4, and it still doesn't work properly.

Oookay... so you complain about how early they release guns without ironing out the kinks and now you're complaining why it's taking them so long R&Ding the new system. Maybe you should just sell your WE and move on as there's no real answer to your problem.

So in the time it takes to R&D an upgrade kit for the defective M4 they have time to design five or six new platforms from the ground up, test them, manufacture them, and release them for sale?

You're clearly not happy with your gun. I sold mine a couple months ago, but not because I was unhappy with it. It had it's problems but I got past them (fortunately) with only a few replacement parts along the way. Sold it to make room and cash for the new A1.

You can complain about a company all you want but it boils down to buying their products or not. The individual consumer doesn't influence much the decisions of a company. Maybe many consumers through boycotting their products, but would that help them release a product any faster/better? We can only really sit back and wait for the kit to be released, but even then, as a cautious consumer you don't just jump on a product the minute it's out. Wait for the more adventurous to turn it inside out then make your judgement from their feedback.

Well, I bought their WE M4 brass tube system a few years back, wasn't entirely happy with the was it functioned and leaky mags. After committing much money into it, I sold it on.

Then I bought their PDW brass tube and then converted it to bolt system, wasn't happy with inconsistencies of the mags and the unreliable cycling, I sold it on.

Then I bought a WE G39C, probably the best thing since JG G36Cs. I sold it on as it was a G36 (no real issue)

So I am hoping that this will have had all the issues sorted.

...You can complain about a company all you want but it boils down to buying their products or not. The individual consumer doesn't influence much the decisions of a company. Maybe many consumers through boycotting their products, but would that help them release a product any faster/better? We can only really sit back and wait for the kit to be released, but even then, as a cautious consumer you don't just jump on a product the minute it's out....

Yes, I'm complaining, on a forum, so people don't forget how they do business. Are you defending their practices or just lecturing me for my bad decisions? My issue is not that they released shoddy product, but that they sold me a dozen non-working "fixes" for it, then abandoned the whole mess to sell new toys, plus lied to prevent other companies from improving their junk. And don't get me started on all the WETTI BS they used to deflect responsibility away from the shoddy early guns.

All I'm saying is *fruitcage* 'em and their new models.

*fruitcage* WE, just like they *fruitcage*ed me as a customer. So we're all supposed to be happy that they've released yet another sub-$300 gun, while my M4 sits in the closet waiting hopefully for the stupid open bolt kit promised over a year ago? I wouldn't normally blame a company for me throwing money at their lemon, but with the M4 they essentially redesigned the entire gun bit by bit, with me buying and testing all the bits. Not to mention hundreds spent on chronically leaking mags.

I could have bought one of every single open bolt WE GBBR for all I've wasted on my M4, and it still doesn't work properly.

Not the only one. I emailed James several questions regarding my WE M4's developing problems and finding replacement parts and he simply answered, " We do not service the M4 any more in the U.S. market due to the BATF issue."

Regardless whether or not their product is legal to own in the US, he should have been able to at least answer my questions. I bought his product before it was banned by the ATF, and so did many others here in the US. His answer is like saying, ATF says we can't sell our product in your country, so you're on your own now buddy. I won't dump any more of my money into their beta guns.

should never have bought one man...I waited to see what reviews said and stayed well away from their brass tube guns.

I wouldn't be too troubled by the CS issue. You're expecting an asian company to respond to you? Get real, good CS is the exception, not the rule. Unless you live in the country where it is manufactured, or they have a U.S. branch, don't expect any service.

This new open bolt system, at least on the M14, is pure genius. It uses a proven nozzle design, as well as a great hop-up.

Well just ordered a M16VN which i plan to gut it and transfer the bit's onto my old WEM4....

Good idea.

No wai ! I've just ordered a few parts to make a XM177 as soon as i can get a spare complete hopup unit and bolt stop :P

Great idea!

Archived