China [s]Beach[/s] Lake

renegadecow

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Industrial cyanoacrylic, practically bonds the stuff. Accidentally got a drop on my leg this afternoon and it got so hot my skin blistered. It reacted with the shorts I had on which is a polyester blend, but if you get the stuff on just bare skin like your fingers it dries up with only mild heat.

Are plastic charging arms and internal parts going to hold up to abuse?

Cyanoacrylate is superglue, no? I used to use the stuff to build model aeroplanes, it convenient but nasty...I didn't even know it would stick to plastic!

Cyanoacrylate is superglue, no? I used to use the stuff to build model aeroplanes, it convenient but nasty...I didn't even know it would stick to plastic!

Essentially yes, but it comes in different formulas, the stuff you use to build model airplanes is very different from something industrial grade. I use both an industrial and hobby grade CA for RC aircraft, I can't use the industrial stuff on any foam or light plastics as it just melts them.

Renegade this looks fantastic as usual, can't wait to see the finished product.

Should be a 3+1 affair as with the real one. This is measuring the usual length 18-40+ round nades. The ones with 120+ capacity are too long and while can chamber, will not go out the ejection port. Noticed some super short nades from S-thunder, might be able to squeeze in 5 or so of those but will require a collar adapter as the brass case is shrunk down on those.

BOLT HEAD! *it's so big*

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

As mentioned, the bolt has two parts, one above and one below which are slotted together. The lower part moves back for a few mm first to disengage the trigger before it drags the rest of the upper half. The back half is actually just a dust cover and haven't made it yet. The extractor claw right now is made of PVC and seems to hold well, but I plan to make a metal one just the same.

Still ruminating on that one. This is only pic of the bolt face I could find and couldn't make heads or tails of it. At first I assumed it to have a pump shotgun type of ejector which is just a push claw on the opposite side of the extractor. Then I saw this which looks to have a button type ejector like on a Mauser or AR-15, but looks too close to the extractor to give any leverage.

sealschinalakepumpfp0.jpg

edit:

Also found a decent enough bottom shot earlier if anyone's interested.

DSC_1412.jpg

Archived