China [s]Beach[/s] Lake

renegadecow

RC, you may find the extractor is similar to a Mauser, in that the actual hook that flicks the shell out is a fixed pin on the side of the receiver that on the pump of the action flicks the shell out the ejection port.

Quite a few rifles use this idea.

Note:

DSC03586.jpg

Groove opposite the extractor claw

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been here for some time, watched most of your projects and I can honestly say this is the most epic project that's been on this forum, both from the perspective of the dificulty and the end result.

You should really consider contacting some manufacturer (G&P, CAW or probably EBairsoft's 5KU) and try to pitch this as a new production gun. I dont think theyll have anything againsta gun they only need to produce en masse, as the design is already provided to them. Could make some money out of this.

I'd say Chas is definitely on to something. I can see King Arms going for a China lake, they like the more uncommon stuff. Considering the massive amount of time, skill and effort you're putting in to these builds RC, I think there's a lot of potential for you to cash in big time. I know I would.

Maybe to an extent but since he hasn't put specific measurements they would be kind of throwing darts in the dark.

I'm curious to see how this will hold up long term because it seems like it requires quite a bit of force to cock/load. Do you think the plastics will stand up to it?

Appreciate all the kind words! Maybe when it's done I'll try contacting a manufacturer if they're interested. I know it's a long shot, but its been done before by a fellow compatriot: the ICS CXP was bought from a guy who designed and started making the kits locally.

I've not put specific measurements for a reason, but I do like putting up a show in documenting the process so expect to see more updates.

Regarding the plastic, from experience it looks like it will hold. It's just that the bolt head rim hasn't been chamfered yet so seating the nade is still rough and requires a seemingly large amount of force. With everything ironed out, it should be about just as difficult to operate the pump of an airsoft Mossberg 500.

• 4 weeks later...

*groans*

Kinda got sick of it for a while then I had to go on vacation. Came back with no money so I had to earn some for a while. Then I stumbled on the Millennium books by Steig Larsson which got my full attention and went back to being useless. Now a month after and ready to resume work on it again *crosses fingers*.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

*about effin time*

Made the ejector, but I had to move it to the side because of the parts inside the bolt. It's having problems ejecting shells when the gun is horizontal as a result, which I hope would be solved by using lighter shells plus the presence of a lifter which should help push the shell out. After monkeying with the gun all morning, the extractor finally broke (was testing how far shells flew when pumped real hard) so I made the sheet metal replacement.

IMG_1859.jpg

IIRC in Black Ops, when the pump was activated the user held the open ejection port towards the ground...or am I remembering that wrong? Thing is if it ejects, it's fine - you'll just have to orient the gun to make sure the shell comes out. I mean, come on, it's not like you're gonna be slam firing the thing...

...unless you've turned into some mad 40mm demon XD.

Wouldn't really want to base operation after a game, especially not COD. But there are only 2 vids I could find of the real one being worked and only with practice rounds which are significantly lighter than HE. Who knows, maybe the real thing had the same problems which is why it didn't really take off much. Then again, the real things really meant to eject spent cases anyways. Anyhow, it's kinda sorted itself out somehow with the installation of the pump grip. Just makes a firmer grip and am able to rack it back with more determination: ejects 100% if tilted up greater than 10 degrees or rotated to the right 10-15 degrees with the gun level.

IMG_1873.jpg

Archived