China [s]Beach[/s] Lake

renegadecow

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't really want to base operation after a game, especially not COD. But there are only 2 vids I could find of the real one being worked and only with practice rounds which are significantly lighter than HE. Who knows, maybe the real thing had the same problems which is why it didn't really take off much. Then again, the real things really meant to eject spent cases anyways. Anyhow, it's kinda sorted itself out somehow with the installation of the pump grip. Just makes a firmer grip and am able to rack it back with more determination: ejects 100% if tilted up greater than 10 degrees or rotated to the right 10-15 degrees with the gun level.

I'm going to have to kindly ask you to stop making love top my eyes, my gf is getting jealous :P

Yeah, that's what we have. Plastic casings with a *suitcase* load of this orange powder inside, it's not chalk though 'cause it sticks to everything like a mofo. Probably a slightly different design of actual round though if the weight is indeed different.

Funny story about those when some Army guys in Afghan supposedly got prac. rounds instead of HE... but I'll leave that one for another time, heh.

If you guys enjoyed the last video...

Wanted to take pics of the lifter, but you guys got me paranoid about being ripped off :bleh:. That said, this new lifter is completely different from the first one I drew out mainly that the original one didn't work. Almost made a poop from thinking too hard in designing this new one.

I've just been driven to build my own project I think...

Time for a Pump-shotgun, based on the Tanaka system Mebbe.. :)

I absolutely LOVE This project :) Are you going for Wood?? Please tell me you are?! if you go for a Faux-wood ex-shotgun stock.. I'll cry for an eternity.. :huh:

So.. Do you make all sorts of random props then??

Are you going for Wood??

So.. Do you make all sorts of random props then??

Will be making the wood version, and possibly a sawed-off grip too.

I make props too on commission. May seem random but only because they're made for different people.

edit:

website with all your creations on?

Nope. Though been told many times before that I should. Just lazy to make one.

• 1 month later...

Aaaaaand work resumes on the China Lake. Spent a good couple days making a whole new lifter assembly which also integrates the interrupter. Feeding of shells even of the heavy CA ones are pretty much reliable, but I am having problems with the extractor claw getting bent when I rack the handle too hard so I'll need to make a more heavy duty one in the near future. I'll be making the magazine spring and guide first and then finally moving on to the firing components.

It holds 3+2 of the CA shells (18rd) measuring 95mm in length. 3 in the tube, one on the lifter, and one in the chamber. I've given clearance to fit the lighter Pro-Arms pom nades (48/96rd) being longer at 96mm and would be more suitable for skirmish. While looking around, I found some nades measuring 60-75mm so four of those should fit in the tube, not sure how they'll fair on feeding and extracting. Although I think it would jam the lifter with half of the next shell being on the lifter and the other half still stuck in the tube.

Archived