China [s]Beach[/s] Lake

renegadecow

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd need to make some alterations to feed those. I made the chamber to catch the nade by the top of the case using a collar and those look like they have the case portion made shorter. Right now it would probably sit too deep in the chamber and won't meet the plunger trigger.

And I'm done with the magazine spring, follower and end cap btw.

IMG_2031.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

Next, making it go boom!

Probably just something fundamental to making a pump action 40mm, I guess 12guage shotgun shells have less variation in length so those kinds of issues present themselves less frequently, I get the impression I'm just going to stare at the finished product and go "woah.... that is SO COOL!!" for a fairly long time.

Why hasn't the ATF tried to put a real HE 40mm in a G&P launcher yet?

If I haven't said so yet, incredible job. Frankly, if you had just made a breachloading single shot that looked this much like a China Lake it would have been pretty cool.

NOW it go boom. Expect smooth sailing from here on.

Looking good. So what happened with the last round? Did the round head from the second shell detonate the third shell while still in the magazine tube? Or did the third shell have a leaky valve?

Looks like you can hold 3+1, or 3+2 if you can ghost load it. That's pretty bad *albatross*!

Thanks guys!

The last shell I believe blew up after the first shells ejection, which is when the two shells in the tube move backwards. Shell 2 goes into the lifter and because of the odd angle, presents a part of the rounded tip right where the next nades button sits. That coupled by the fact that the last shells button was sticking out to begin with. Tried grinding down the button and it worked.

To make a skirmish friendly China Lake, one would have to get rid of the shells altogether. I had an idea to copy the Marushin M500 before, only the bb/gas capacity is greatly increased plus a larger rotating chamber will hold 8-10 bbs at a time instead of 5. So in effect, just a jumbo sized shotgun. I figured flying shells are more fun.

Archived