new L85 flash hider

druid799

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed last night that in addition to the Hornbill L85 flash eliminator that another one labeled as an ACM manufacture has become available to buy now on RSOV. Like the Hornbill there are versions for ARMY R85 and G&G L85. Cost is around £23 with free under 0.2kg P&P. I've ordered one for my G&G so will let you know if it's any cop.

ACM L85 flash hider for G&G

ACM L85 flash hider for ARMY

muz_0121_1.jpgmuz_0121_3.jpg

muz_0121_4.jpgmuz_0121_5.jpg

Looks like those new items are still out of stock. :( Oh well, guess I'll just wait till the ICS specific Hornbill one comes out along with a R.I.S. from either Madbull or Hornbill.

Blimey, they sold out quickly. I ordered mine as soon as I saw they were available. I had an email arrive in the early hours of this morning to tell me it was being packaged. As you've got an ICS I guess you'd be better off waiting for the Hornbill version anyway, save the hassle of having to bodge another version on to your L85.

:P Not really. Mine's real. Trademark's n' all. ;)

Fair enough, I seem to recall you saying that the real one took some work to get onto the ARES barrel not too long ago and I find nothing more frustrating than when you go getting a custom something or other done that took a fair bit of effort and then all of a sudden a mass produced 'made to fit' option turns up.

Might actually pick one of these up as the ICS flashider is admittedly a toss approximation and this looks like less of a mud scoop.

Fair enough, I seem to recall you saying that the real one took some work to get onto the ARES barrel not too long ago and I find nothing more frustrating than when you go getting a custom something or other done that took a fair bit of effort and then all of a sudden a mass produced 'made to fit' option turns up.

How do you think I felt when the RIS was cloned - after buying the RS!!! :P Mind you, it was quite a while until they came out.

Nah, not bitter at all - I'm just glad that the world's finest assault rifle is finally having some attention paid to it.

Nah, not bitter at all - I'm just glad that the world's finest assault rifle is finally having some attention paid to it.

Same here! And to anyone interested, the G&G and Army flash hiders are back in stock (or weren't marked correctly), so order away!

Going to feel like a really long wait for the ICS compatible flash hider and some form of R.I.S. to fit. :(

My ACM (not the Hornbill) G&G L85 flash hider arrived from RSOV today. I'm pleasantly surprised, it's steel, has a nice surface finish and the SF logo on it but no NATO Stock Number as on the real thing. It's secured to the G&G by means of a grub screw. I'll be fitting it to my L85 tomorrow.

ACML85FH1Medium.jpg

ACML85FH2Medium.jpg

ACML85FH3Medium.jpg

Archived