Airsofting in the USA

DarkKnight117

Okay, i was recommended by the guys at Airsoft Forums UK to post my question over here since apparently Arniesairsoft has a lot of international users.

Me and my friend Guy are heading over to the USA soon for a 90day epic excursion. We have a Peterbilt truck for the 6000 mile journey. we are visiting all 48 mainland states and the trips going to be amazing.

Now i want to try skirmishing over there, so i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. which are the best sites? ideally hoping for something in the western Region of the country, since we will be on that side for over half the time and most of our rest up days are in Utah, Colorado and Washington.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations .

Take your time in Kalifornia. Some of the best fields, shops, people, and plus the beautiful cities and it's california dude. Go tour the super rich mansions and stuff. Check out the forum there too. Meet Arnie's California residents irl and soft with them.

Have a great time.

I'm in Los Angeles and would be happy to tell you about some of our fields around here. Unfortunately there don't seem to be as many ops and milsim events planned this summer as compared to past years, but there's still some fun games going on, and a LOT of variety to our fields around here.

Whatever you do, stay away from northern virginia. biggrin.gif The fields here are probably some of the worst in the country. Make sure you check out the airsoft scene in Arizona. I had a chat with the cashier at a local arizona shop and it seems airsoft is really starting to dig in out there.

Aye, California has some of the better airsoft support in that area.

Will you be coming to Texas; what route are you planning? There are various events scheduled here, but it depends on when you'll be around.

Be careful though, I hear in some parts of the country people have real guns. Y'all know how dangerous those can be. ;)

If you make it down to southeastern Virginia (Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Newport News, etc.), hit me up. There's one particularly large field down here called Ballahack. While the gameplay isn't the best for milsim junkies like myself, attendance is consistently excellent. Average player turnout is 100-130 guys on any given Saturday, with some days drawing 170+.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the Replies, Looks like California is probably the best place for skirmishing over there then

ardrummer292, that sounds brilliant, and we are actually passing that way, i havent played with more than 50 guys for around 6 years now. too many local sites here i guess.

Naveronski, Yep, heading through Texas, want to get some Real gun play in too, not sure whether Texas or Vegas would be better for that, haven't done the research yet,

Steaktipz, will be in northern Virginia very very briefly, Driving in from Washington DC to Richmond for the night, and then on to Norfolk for a couple of nights, so i dont think ill get much chance for skirmishing up there.

So since California seems to be the recommended place. can anyone tell me the average cost of a skirmish day in the Cali area..? (including rental gun, not sure i fancy arriving in NYC with my M16203 in tow :P)

SC VIPER Airsoft Field. Very nice privately owned and airsoft only field.

Operation Lion Claws MILSIM events has Northern Light, Army Birthday Game, and Lightning Strike this summer.

Pine Plains is this weekend I believe.

Operation Eagle Claws in Colorado is coming up soon I think.

If you're anywhere near Scottsdale, Arizona you have to check out the Scottsdale Gun Club. http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/index.php?option=com_rentals&view=category&id=6&Itemid=17

It's one of the finest gun clubs in the world with machinegun rentals. Very fancy.

Lol.

While Cali isn't my favorite state (DON'T HATE! I still love it) it really is the only state with over 2 airsoft sites. Most of the other states just have special events every now and then in parks and such, but not so much regular meetings at dedicated sites.

This is absolutely the worst info about airsoft in the US you could have ever received, it's not even remotely correct.

I am currently living in Yorktown, just north of Newport News and Norfolk, and can I tell you if you are shopping for gear (real gear not airsoft gear) Virginia Beach is as good as it gets, mostly because a majority of the NSW community is based in Va Beach.

I did move up here from Texas, and I will note Texas by far has one of the most organized statewide communities in the nation, the only other place I've seen that kind of organization is the NCAO in North Caolina. Be sure to check out http://www.TexasAirsoft.org or http://www.Housotonairsoft.com, if you are heading to San Antonio or Austin look at http://www.Lonestarairsoft.org for NC airsoft look at http://www.NCairsoft.org. I think the best airsoft community in virginia is http://www.Virginiaairsoft.org.

If you want to get some shooting in I'd actually recommend Vegas, ranges in Texas can sometimes give you a hard time for not being American, and they also don't typically expect inexperienced shooters. Don't get me wrong some places are great to shoot at in Texas, but the wrong place can make a bad day.

I have to say norfolk is very close to Yorktown, where the US fought the last major battle of the War for American Independence, it also happens to be within 20 minutes of Jamestown VA the first permanent English settlement in the US. I'm actually an archaeologist so this area holds special interest to me, I can give you a quick tour of the area or recommend some places to visit, just toss me a PM of what you are interested in.

This is absolutely the worst info about airsoft in the US you could have ever received, it's not even remotely correct.

That's a little harsh....

But I did over exaggerate.

But I was right in the sense that a lot of states arent as airsoft-equipped as others, and Cali is one of the biggest communities.

and it could've been a worse response (EDIT: took them out, to prevent cycle of hate)

Have fun and good luck on your US airsoft adventures! Im SURE you'll find somewhere to go, no matter what you do!

Hey if you are in Utah on a Saturday, you should definitely check out some of the games. Utah has a pretty big airsoft scene in Salt Lake City and Provo area. Go to Utahairsoft.com and check it out. Since there is a lot of open desert and woods area, we have a large amount of fields at our disposal. Many of us also have some real steel you can shoot while your there like AK's and AR's as well as various handguns. send me PM if you wanted to get more info.

-Diezel

EDIT: also, all our games are free so don't worry about any fees, plus I can provide some fantastic rentals like a realsword or TM aeg

Hey if you are in Utah on a Saturday, you should definitely check out some of the games. Utah has a pretty big airsoft scene in Salt Lake City and Provo area. Go to Utahairsoft.com and check it out. Since there is a lot of open desert and woods area, we have a large amount of fields at our disposal. Many of us also have some real steel you can shoot while your there like AK's and AR's as well as various handguns. send me PM if you wanted to get more info.

-Diezel

EDIT: also, all our games are free so don't worry about any fees, plus I can provide some fantastic rentals like a realsword or TM aeg

Cheers Diezel, We are actually planning on spending about 2 weeks in Utah, its our longest stop on the trip, though we will be in Cedar rather than Salt lake, but i gather its only a few hours drive so will probably almost certainly take you up on that offer :D

Looks like a game in Norfolk ardrummer292, and a Game in SLC with Diezel, Putting both of those on the Definite "to do list" we have a further few months of planning and prep to do before we head off but Ill definitley be in contact with you two before the time we set off. Just to make sure your still okay with showing a couple of weird brits from the internet around and teaching us how you do things over there :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived