AR15 Variants and Derivitives Picture Thread

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR 8" SBR build done. Just waiting for a few accessories (sling end plate, AAC Blast Shield, Cloud Defensive LCS, and an actual working ScoutLight head) and repairing my BTC Spectre, but otherwise al

Hey all! I kind of stumbled upon this thread by accident while searching for M16A2 receiver markings on google and saw one of Catgut's amazing VT's. Which brought me here I have been working on

One of my latest build, a real Colt M16A1 converted for GBBR on the WA system. Stripped upper, barrel and BCG was changed to Viper Tech du to my local laws. Also a video of how it was made:

Posted Images

gedc0204.jpg

gedc0205.jpg

Posting my slightly updated WA-based gbbr again. Prowin mags w/ ranger plates.

Not much accessorizing yet so my rails are bare. Looking for a nicer barrel extension as well. Haven't got a gas block or tube.

I didn't take a picture of the other side, but I've got a G&P ambi mag catch (actually the AEG version, filed and forced-fit dry.gif). Just waiting on an Iron Airsoft ambi selector to round out the ambi controls as I'm lefty.

So here's mine with my new editions: a TSD Gear Sector hand stop, and finally, a gas block. Indoor pics because of the rain and hail today. Not worth getting clobbered in the head.

img5191w.th.jpg

img5192l.th.jpg

img5197t.th.jpg

img5200lf.th.jpg

photo2ze.th.jpg

phototf.th.jpg

Problem I've noticed is that the Madbull DD Omega rail's rails are too wide for both the hand stop and my Magpul RVG...I had to get larger screws for the RVG, and had to use a dremel/mallet to get that damn hand stop on. Rail covers have fit fine, but I'm worried I'll get a more rigid rail cover someday and it won't fit.

• Like 1

Well I made some changes. I really, really liked my A-TACS painting, but not on an M4...I feel that it needs to be all of nothing when it comes to patterns on guns. I decided to let natural dirt and dust be my covering, so after a little use yesterday my gun is nice and dusted and used again instead of mix-matched. I'm painting a customer's AUG A3 completely in A-TACS except for the barrel assembly and RIS soon, so I'll get another shot at it.

img5208kn.th.jpgimg5213io.th.jpg

img5214p.th.jpgimg5215l.th.jpg

img5220y.th.jpg

It's not loadout-specific; I usually just go for a random Special Forces civvie/PMC loadout, so for now it's sort of a mean-*albatross* SMG-lookin' AR. Got a Madbull HALO suppressor coming in, so then it'll be set. Comments would be loved...I put the smart card on fast, so if anyone has comments to it's size or application let me know.

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Like 2

It's not loadout-specific; I usually just go for a random Special Forces civvie/PMC loadout, so for now it's sort of a mean-*albatross* SMG-lookin' AR. Got a Madbull HALO suppressor coming in, so then it'll be set. Comments would be loved...I put the smart card on fast, so if anyone has comments to it's size or application let me know.

Gotta admit, it looks better in black. Definitely meaner. Oddly enough, someone sold me a 9.0 Omega rail the other day and i have nothing specific to do with it... Hmm....

Gotta admit, it looks better in black. Definitely meaner. Oddly enough, someone sold me a 9.0 Omega rail the other day and i have nothing specific to do with it... Hmm....

Thanks man, I think it looks better too. I like how it just gets dirty from rolling around in brush and it looks a little classier. I want to someday get a 16" front front end/upper and make a DMR configuration. Now waiting for my suppressor. Also, I really need rail covers, but I can't decide on KAC style vs. Magpul XTMs.

You could sell the Omega to another G&P owner. Unfortunately so few rails fit on with their "realistic" delta ring, and furthermore a lot of barrel nuts don't match the threading on the upper.

Edited by Leon Kennedy
  • Like 1

I need some input on a new loadout that i might be doing. what model of AR 15 would suffice for a late 80s early 90s law enforcement SWAT/patrol carbine? something that would say be used in an FBI raid or something similar. Its going to go alongside an S&W m13 FBI revolver for that 90s feel. I was thinking about an m733, m727 or an m653, but i'm still particularly confused about the style of uppers being used in that period and whether LE personel were issued carbines with A2 or A1 style uppers.

and since this is a pic thread:

G&P FN M16A4 alongside an FAPC made to look like a USMC SPC rig.

IMG_0298-1.jpg

the peq-15 is just for show

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0294-1.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

• Like 2

Aznriptide and Ivan le fou, i blame you guys for this.

P1010102.jpg

P1010105.jpg

P1010110.jpg

Despite the annoying King Arms niggles (ridiculously narrow buffer tube, thin wiring, lame motor, and almost every screw needed tightening), the externals make it well worth it.

med_gallery_11916_1891_64891.jpg

med_gallery_11916_1891_157618.jpg

med_gallery_11916_1891_40261.jpg

med_gallery_11916_1891_79597.jpg

med_gallery_11916_1891_63836.jpg

med_gallery_11916_1891_74607.jpg

med_gallery_11916_1891_37318.jpg

Better resolution in the members gallery section of arnies

3 or maybe 4 years has past since I saw a RS photo of of such a setup, and I fell in love with it, finally it's finished and tested at a skirmish last weekend, was exactly as I imagined... excellent.

The gun is a 3 year old Dboys M4 CQB-R with minimal upgrades, and it never ceases to amaze us.

The A.C.M EoTech 553 replica is by "Optics Depot" from RSOV, and on last weekends local skirmish on a bright and sunny day it was great.

The An/Peq-15 box is a $13 A.C.M from Ebay, a VFC copy, and it's also nice and solid. I'll be custom fabricating a laser and flashlight soon enough.

The weaponlight is also 3 y/o, its a Hugsby M2 and is also very reliable.